PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is there such a monthly thread?

Options
marycanary
marycanary Posts: 277 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited 30 December 2023 at 3:25PM in Old style MoneySaving
I thought I had seen an ongoing thread where people committed to undertaking activities during the month. There was a wide range of things typically related to,

Health
Frugality 
Crafting 
Education/training
DIY
Decluttering
Social
Saving/financial and more

It was a bit like 24 in 2024, but each month. Did I dream it? I think I would find something of that nature very useful.

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,048 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    some are yearly. some are monthly.

2024 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN MrsSD - Page 5 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

Be warned this is a very active but very friendly group!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • marycanary
    Options
    Thank you @Brie. Can I be lazy and, rather than read through the thread, ask if it includes all the types of things I listed? 

Many thanks
  • Brie
    Options
    Thank you @Brie. Can I be lazy and, rather than read through the thread, ask if it includes all the types of things I listed? 

Many thanks
    Yes you can and no it doesn't.  Sorry I didn't clock that you wanted everything all in one spot.  This is specifically about decluttering though it does sometimes fall into recipes and finances and just friendly social banter.

This might suit you better....have a look at the initial post and see if you want to bookmark it.  Not sure it will have much about crafting, training or DIY but the rest should be covered in some fashion.  

Slow Living 2024 - Doing It Old Style! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

I know there's a craft thread somewhere, like in Old Style, also a DIY one in the Houses section.  Not sure about training though.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Brie
    Options
    me being a nuisance again....again - a single feature thread but didn't want you to miss it if it would work for you.

Cross Stitch and Craft Café 2024 - pull up a chair and join us! — MoneySavingExpert Forum
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Don’t forget the monthly Grocery Challenges.  They’re always pinned at the top of the Old-Style Board.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • weenancyinAmerica
    Options
    @MaryCanary - It was the November NST Sparkle over in the Reduce Debt and Boost Income monthly challenge section. I was enjoying doing the different categories too.
  • marycanary
    Options
    Hi

Thank you all for your replies. I don't actually do crafting and I'm not in education or training, they were just examples of the type of thing people used to post. So, for instance, this month I would like to,

Take down and sort through the Christmas decorations and put away those I wish to save
    Lose 5 lbs in weight
    Go for coffee/drink or see a film with one friend per week 
    Order seed for next year
    Sort through the sideboard 
    Turn out 1 room a week
    Walk at least 10,000 steps per day
    Obtain quotes for a home improvement project
    Decorate one room.
    Research next holiday

Other people had their own personal to-do list with the things they wanted to achieve in the month. The thread can not have been on this site but I really can't think where I saw it. 

Thanks again for your time

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure