Car seller V5 issue

124»

Comments

•  

Not at all common.  Just because two people on an internet bulletin board have done it doesn't make it common.

I said fairly common ie not all that unusua,l it happens, just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean anything. Others can and do p/x and do for a myriad of reasons. Your reasoning is flawed.
    ontheroad1970 said

.  Your signed declaration is pretty much useless - about as useful as a chocolate frying pan for making fried eggs.
    How so? How is taking a sensible precaution of asking  seller to declare his legal interest and ownersip of the vehicle he claims to own not going to help me, the buyer, in a potential fraudulant transaction?

It appears to me you are saying don't collect any evidence, proof that you may later rely on to help you recover your money.in a civil court, you know one of them places where they examine evidence. You don't seem very wise my guy :rollseyes

So what would you do to help cover yourself in my position ? Nothing ?

ontheroadsa1970: said
     A private seller doing a part ex is unusual.  It is not at all common and must be done with great caution.  Without the V5, I would walk away.  No, I would run away.

Sorry am I missing something here ?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport