We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
2024 Fashion On The Ration Challenge
Comments
-
Here, hold out your teacups, everyone! Oh dear, can someone hold Pip's teacup for her?!
Right, everyone ready?
All together now:
Fo-o-o-or... she's a jolly good fellow! She's a jolly good fellow! For she's a jolly good fe-ellooooooow!
Aaaaand so say all of us!
Hip hip hurrah! Hip hip hurrah! PIP PIP HURRAH!!!!!!2025 remaining: 37 coupons from 66:
January (29): winter boots, green trainers, canvas swimming-shoes (15); t-shirt x2 (8); 3m cotton twill (6);
.
2025 second-hand acquisitions (no coupons): None thus far
.
2025 needlework- *Reverse-couponing*:11 coupons :
January: teddybear-lined velvet jacket (11) & hat (0); velvet sleep-mask (0);11 -
DD’s MIL went to discuss further treatment options with her cancer specialist last week, but was told that her therapy had been successful and nothing more was needed. It is lovely to have excellent news to share. I am so very pleased for you @PipneyJane.
I have been for my Covid vaccination this afternoon, that makes SIX! Plus one lot of antivirals.
There was someone coughing and sneezing in the waiting room, without the good manners to wear a face mask.
Sorry it is blurry but this was in The Times 5th September 1940. I suppose these things are for our protection.
Fashion on the Ration 2026 Coupons, socks 6, 8 vests 24, cardigan 5, pyjamas 2 16, pants 10, l s vests 3 9 Total 66 + 4
Grocery Challenge 2026 £5 a day for food for 2 Total £1,825
Jan £128.45 -£26.55
Feb £122.55 -£17.45
Mar £154.50 -.50
Apr £144.78 -£5.22
May £151.63 -£3.37
Jun £143.61 -£6.39
Jul £150.76 -£4.24
Aug £139.44. -£15.5410 -
I strategically had mine on a Saturday morning so I could have a weekend knitting in bed then get back to the Ministry. Some over 75s have had nine now.Nelliegrace said:
I have been for my Covid vaccination this afternoon, that makes SIX! Plus one lot of antivirals.
There was someone coughing and sneezing in the waiting room, without the good manners to wear a face mask.Fashion on the Ration
2024 - 43/66 coupons used, carry forward 23
2025 - 62/899 -
I don't delurk very often, but I must for this.
GREAT NEWS!!
Off to liberate a glass of sherry.
To your very good (continued) health.A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!
CHALLENGES
2025 Declutter:
1 CONTAINER (box/bag/folder etc) per day; 50/365
1 FROG (minimum) per week; 6/52
WEIGHT I'll start with 25 lbs (though I need to lose more!) and see how it goes...🤔 0/25
2025 NSDs: 15 per MONTH - FEB 4/15; JAN 21/15
2025 Fashion on the Ration: (carried over from 2024) 10+66 = 76
2025 Make Do, Mend & Minimise No target, just remember to report!
AWARDS 💐⭐9 -
FANTASTIC NEWS PIP!!!
I'll raise a glass of fizzy water to your good news!
PIP PIP HURAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!2026 Fashion on the ration
Anorak = 11 coupons... total 11 used/66
Light anorak = 9 coupons...total used 20/66
3 t-shirts = 12 coupons...32/66
Sandals = 5 coupons...37/66 used9 -
Very, very, very good news!!!8
-
Fantastic news Pip!8
-
Fantastic news Pip! So pleased for you.Fashion on the ration 2026: 56/667
-
That is wonderful news Pip 🤗Fashion on a ration 2025 0/66 coupons spent
79.5 coupons rolled over 4/75.5 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases
One income, home educating family7 -
So glad I popped in today almost missed the great news. So happy for you Pip

2 Scratters xxAnything is better than nothing-check back and see
On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.6
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


