Fresh Diary for 2024!

Options

Comments

• BlueJ94
    BlueJ94 Posts: 2,553 Ambassador
    First Anniversary I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    thank you! 

In the text box there's a little photo icon, click that and it allows you to post an image :smile:

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • _Dolly_Rocker_
    _Dolly_Rocker_ Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Fab - thanks. 
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better @BlueJ94
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Still here, got a mortgage advisor coming to the house tomorrow but i'm going to be at work so hopefully all goes well!
     I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Debt owed;
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    found you - I thought you'd gone quiet! 

Great YS'd haul - and I too wouldn't have been able to resist the cake! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    We've been accepted for a mortgage in principle so thats a good start! 

Debt owed;
  • BlueJ94
    Options
    Morning all, 

We applied for a Mortgage with Kensington Mortgages on 7th and things have gone super fast, as follows;

07/03/2024 - DIP given, all bank statements payslips etc sent 
    08/03/2024 - Needed evidence of stuff on OH statements 
    12/03/2024 - Surveyor rang to do valuation on house
    18/03/2024 - Surveyor coming to home, originally asked to come 14th but they only offer a 6 hour time slot to when they would turn up which isn't ideal.

Fingers crossed!

Debt owed;
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,659 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good luck with the mortgage. 

Was the mortgage advisor a whole of market one or are they tied to just one company?  Why Kensington Mortgages and  what sort of interest rate are they offering? 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • BlueJ94
    edited 13 March at 9:07AM
    Options

Was the mortgage advisor a whole of market one or are they tied to just one company?  Why Kensington Mortgages and  what sort of interest rate are they offering? 
    Thanks! they tried high street lenders but got refused straight away, Kensington are a step below high street. I'm sure he said 6% or close to, which our mortgage works out at 63k so whilst he told us the interest rate isn't great it's fixed for two years and then we will try and get a better rate. The Mortgage guy is tied to one company I believe. 

Debt owed;
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,659 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    BlueJ94 said:

Thanks! they tried high street lenders but got refused straight away, Kensington are a step below high street. I'm sure he said 6% or close to, which our mortgage works out at 63k so whilst he told us the interest rate isn't great it's fixed for two years and then we will try and get a better rate. The Mortgage guy is tied to one company I believe. 
    Well 6% is not awful and £63k is a fairly low mortgage. Are you restricted because of your credit file, low deposit or erratic income? There are brokers who can access whole of market.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback