We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Bold leap into retirement
Comments
-
@HUSKYPAL ta for the come back with your perspective, without the backstop of DBs to come I'm calculating numbers from level and RPI lifetime annuities, FTA and a gilt ladder as various ways of fixing a base income. As you note you give up the chance of more for the certainty, both important for those embarking on a long retirement.
As a note on tax I believe with a FTA from non pension funds some of the money is treated as a return of capital.
1 -
Congratulations! I have almost reached the 6 months of retirement point (end of this month) and I am still adjusting to it. Mostly good though. I am itching to book more travel but just waiting to get a routine scan out of the way first. I am also being indecisive about the travel. Too many possible places/trips to choose from.
1 -
Nice problem to have though! We will likely stay fairly close to home for a while, we have an older dog and she hates the car! Still plenty to explore within an hours drive, sooo looking forward to it.
0 -
True but it makes me more aware that time is ticking away and I don't know what the future will bring.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

