PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2024 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• thewestfive
    Options
    Hi
    Can I join please?
    My grocery shop is out of control and dare not look at what ive been spending over last year or so. I have looked at the average for my family from the Nimblefins post on page 1. 
    This comes to £775 for January. Family of 5 adults (including 1 celiac so extra expense).
    I am including all food (including any takeaways - NOT HAPPENING), toiletries, toilet roll etc as well as all cleaning stuff, and dog food.
    I am not intending to spend all this as my cupboard is full as well as freezers. But I need a starting figure.
    Feeding 3 Adults and 1 Fussy Celiac
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,598 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 1 January at 2:14PM
    Options
    @thewestfive - you need to post this on the January Grocery Challenge which is pinned at the top of the Old Style board.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,259 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 January at 2:14PM
    Options
    Merge requested - probably won't be made until next year! IE Tuesday 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback