Apple TV Three months free on BT

Options
scottleag
scottleag Posts: 78 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
edited 7 December 2023 at 3:54PM in TV MoneySaving
Not sure if this is the right place. Mpds, please move it inappropriate.

I saw an offer for three months free Apple TV for both existing and new BT broadband and TV customers on BT website. Does anyone know if there's a time limit on taking this up? I'm already on a similar deal for Apple TV from Currys which runs until the end of January so can't take this one up just now but would like to when the Currys offer expires.

Comments

• mrbuster
    Options
    I believe you can only take up the offer once according to terms and conditions.
  • scottleag
    Options
    So I can't take up two separate offers? Bad news. Apple already robbed me of a free year's subscription some time back when they failed to notify me a new iMac purchase should have come with twelve months TV subscription. I was hoping to recoup at least some of that. 
  • mrbuster
    Options
    T&C’s *New and qualified returning subscribers only. £8.99/month after free trial. Only one offer per Apple ID and only one offer per family if you’re part of a Family Sharing group, regardless of the number of devices you or your family purchases. This offer is not available if you or your Family have previously accepted an Apple TV+ three months free or one year free offer. Offer good for 3 months after eligible device activation. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. 
  • scottleag
    Options
    mrbuster said:
    T&C’s *New and qualified returning subscribers only. £8.99/month after free trial. Only one offer per Apple ID and only one offer per family if you’re part of a Family Sharing group, regardless of the number of devices you or your family purchases. This offer is not available if you or your Family have previously accepted an Apple TV+ three months free or one year free offer. Offer good for 3 months after eligible device activation. Plan automatically renews until cancelled. 

Damn! They really are rotten. Must have spent around £25K on Apple products over past 25 years. They didn't inform me of the one year free offer - which they should have - last time I purchased an iMac. When I found out about it I was too late. They said they'd make a 'goodwill' offer. I was expecting maybe six months free. Turned out to be THREE CREDITS. I told them that wasn't goodwill that was an insult considering what had been spent and determined never to subscribe. But when I got a three months offer after buying a new telly that was a different story. Ah well, when the three months expires that'll be that. Paramount have a 50% off for a year offer. i'll take that instead. 
  • HaroldWhistler
    Options
    scottleag said:
    Not sure if this is the right place. Mpds, please move it inappropriate.

I saw an offer for three months free Apple TV for both existing and new BT broadband and TV customers on BT website. Does anyone know if there's a time limit on taking this up? I'm already on a similar deal for Apple TV from Currys which runs until the end of January so can't take this one up just now but would like to when the Currys offer expires.

Usually, they only allow one free trial on a specific Apple ID. And if you had a trial of a particular Apple service, then that particular service is not included in a trial of Apple One.

What you could potentially do, is create a separate Apple ID (requiring a different email address) just to take advantage of the trial for 3 months. And then cancel the trial. Then go back to using your original Apple ID (old email address) again. It would mean temporarily disassociating your Apple device (e.g. an Apple TV 4K or the iMac) on that particular Apple ID to the new temporary one though either within the specific App if permitted (on the iMac) or overall in Settings (on an iPhone or the Apple TV 4K box). 
  • scottleag
    Options
    Thanks. If it's just a different Apple ID needed then I'll ask my wife to use hers. I thought maybe they identified the address as having had a previous trial.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    scottleag said:
    Thanks. If it's just a different Apple ID needed then I'll ask my wife to use hers. I thought maybe they identified the address as having had a previous trial.
    Not sure about address but simply creating a new Apple Id (different email address) but using the same Name/DoB/payment card was refused a new ID. 

Changed all three to get new ID so not absolutely sure which tripped the duplicate checks.

Second (legitimate) Apple Id should be fine.

• scottleag
    Options
    Thanks. Can't change address as cards all the same but easy to change card from mine to hers. Got another three weeks to run. Hopefully offer will still be available then.
  • BeerSavesMoney
    BeerSavesMoney Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I’m not sure if they’ve changed the T&Cs recently but I’ve had multiple free trials of Apple TV+ with the same Apple account, there used to be so many of them available that I even stacked them and ended up with a year free. 
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I’m not sure if they’ve changed the T&Cs recently but I’ve had multiple free trials of Apple TV+ with the same Apple account, there used to be so many of them available that I even stacked them and ended up with a year free. 
    The free trial offers tend to come in 2 flavours, typically 3 months for new AppleTV subscribers or a month for existing or previous subscribers. There are variations (including offers that don't distinguish between new/existing/old) but it is generally more advantageous to be an Apple TV+ newbie. Same, of course, for most of the other subscription-based TV/music streamers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback