OVO charges for meter reading?

124»

Comments

• xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 December 2023 at 12:45AM
    You seem to have overlooked my earlier comments by the way - the answer to the first paragraph here would help people to establish whether your position is reasonable or not, and so to advise you if you have grounds for any form of complaint. The second para makes a suggestion of how you can get around the problem in the future. 
    Not overlooked, I was not in a position to answer. 

Update:
    I supplied meter readings in February 2023 and they paid me £20 for it.  They came to read the gas meter in August 2023.

And now they are cold calling me with empty threats in December 2023. 

I have updated my meter readings yesterday, they owe me £3000.  their estimated readings and bills in between have been spot on with my actual usage,  the readings I gave yesterday were exactly in line with the useage since the last bill on 1st November.   

I have reduced my Direct Debit to £5 a month. Their minimum amount.

I will be looking for a new supplier.

• Qyburn
    Qyburn Posts: 2,284 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you want to keep in top of things, maybe choose a supplier who lets you pay variable DD, so no credit or debit balance and no arguments about where your monthly DD should be set.
  • Seems to me that the OP has more money than sense - £3k in credit, ludicrous.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    ecraig said:
    I saw a post from the OP earlier in the year about their high credit.
    People kept replying and suggesting they’d ask for a refund from supplier, but alas, it seems they did not. 
    Maybe OP is keeping the balance high so there is something interesting to tell John at the pub, Barbara at the salon and Vanessa who collects Alfie from school on Wednesday afternoon. 
    And, sadly, “Martin who uses information about customer credits to help educate others about managing their energy accounts” - it is situations like this which skew the figures and make it appear that the situation with credit is worse than it is. I do wonder how much the amount being held by the energy companies of customer money would drop if those who knew what to do to to resolve the situation but simply didn’t bother were removed from the figures.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills