Will being contested!
My neighbour is going through a messy period as his long term partner died suddenly last year and left a Will leaving everything to her estranged Daughter including the house. The deeds to the house are in his name and although he hasn't always contributed to the mortgage he has paid into it when possible. Although he has a Solicitor acting for him he is still coming to me for advice, which is fine but I don't practise law and haven't been involved in Law for decades. My question is, can a non marital partner include property or effects in a Will when they are not named in the Deeds though she was named on the mortgage deposit?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 234K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.9K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards