IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCB Legal

Coupon Mad et al...!

I have been lurking on this forum for a while now and have read lots of the newbies questions so I'm little versed in the in the big fight.

DCB "legal" have sent many jarring letters up till now I have ignored them all.

The claim letter arrived through my door yesterday and I have acknowledged it via the government gateway as advised.

Now, what I'd like advice with is how to edit my defence statement template.

The back ground is; 

I drove into the car park, which is essentially "closed" before 6:30am but there is no barrier, and the only sign that advises the parking times is at the front entrance and that is easily missed. How convenient!!!
Another issue for me is that I didn't "park" as I drank a coffee within my vehicle and then proceeded onto work. It was only later when I got menacing demands that we have ended up where we are... 

Should I be defending this case from inadequate signage and deliberately obtuse rules.

Thanks for any and all advice, the clock is ticking.... Hoping to join the discontinuation files real soon!!!

Also, should I file counter claim for all the aggravation and time one has to invest into fighting these things? Has anyone ever got money out of these litigious companies for the trauma they have been put through.

Best, 

Calvin

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,024
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 30 November 2023 at 8:17PM
    Calvinius said:
    The claim letter arrived through my door yesterday and I have acknowledged it via the government gateway as advised.
    Hello Calvin. Welcome.

What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?
    Upon what date did you file an Acknowledgment of Service?

Who is the Claimant?
  • Should I be defending this case from inadequate signage and deliberately obtuse rules.
    Yes. Many cases are won on lack of signage which forms the contract they pretend you broke.

Also, should I file counter claim for all the aggravation and time one has to invest into fighting these things?
    Although some defendants have successfully counterclaimed it is a very high bar to overcome and you would have to demonstrate the major impact it had on your life. Save you money and energy in defending the claim and ask for your witness costs of £95 plus expenses if you win. It will probably cost the PPC over £200 to take it all the way to the hearing so taking another £95 will prickle them
  • Very good answers there. So many parking threads!!!
     Just to add that I have used photos showing lack of signage and whatever. Picture is worth a thousand words.
    Catcha wave and you're sittin on topofa world
  • KeithP said:
    Calvinius said:
    Hello Calvin. Welcome.

What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?
    Upon what date did you file an Acknowledgment of Service?

Who is the Claimant?
    Hi Keith, 

Issue Date on the Claim was 28th Nov' 

I acknowledged it via the Gateway today 30th Nov' which I believes give me the 30 days to form the defence.

Thanks for the advice as regards appealing on signage basis... As it's a bloody liberty to have one sign at the front which then results in barrage of auto generated menace.

I feel sorry for elderly amongst us who might not have the wherewithal to fight these scum bags and just hand over their money.

Thank you all for your tips, any more advice on how I proceed, gratefully received.

Keep up the good work 👊🏽

Best, 

Calvin
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,024
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 30 November 2023 at 9:38PM
    With a Claim Issue Date of 28th November, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service on 30th November, you have until 4pm on Thursday 28th December 2023 to file a Defence.

That's four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • Just to add that I have used photos showing lack of signage and whatever. Picture is worth a thousand words.
    You will not be attaching any photos to your defence. All your evidence will be attached to you witness statement which comes after the court sends your defence (based on the forum template) and Parking Eye decide to proceed. You will also ask for you witness costs of £95 at that stage
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,842
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    "Please show the bottom half of the Claim form with the VRM and MCOL Password covered."

Please make sure you read and comply with instructions  -  also see "Important" yellow notice top of thread.

• As requested. With password covered.🤦🏼‍♂️

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 128,979
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 1 December 2023 at 3:55PM
    Calvinius said:
    As requested. With password covered.🤦🏼‍♂️

I've removed a name at the bottom.

OK so the claim form states the breach. Looks like there must be a VRM keypad hidden somewhere in a shop to catch motorists out.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Calvinius said:
    As requested. With password covered.🤦🏼‍♂️

I've removed a name at the bottom.

OK so the claim form states the breach. Looks like there must beca VRM keypad hidden somewhere in a shop to catch motorists out.
    There's solitary camera on the way in with the hours stated upon the one lamppost outside of the car park. It possible to missing the hours of operation easily. As all the additional signs within the car park are of the identical kind you I'm sure are familiar with.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback