EDF IHD problems

I've been at war with EDF ever since they installed an EDF gas SMETS2 (GEO). The data has never transmitted to the IHD unlike the EON SMETS2 -Smartview2. Their latest excuse is that I would have to have two separate displays because they were fitted by different providers. Is this true?
I've never been able to get gas data to my Eon IHD nor the GEO provided by EDF and I'm tearing my hair out. I was of the understanding that if they were both SMETS2 then they should be able to transmit the data to a single IHD. I would have thought the GUID of the IHD is the important part to talk to the meters in a HAN.

Comments

• The gas meter sends its data via the hub on the electric meter. Have you tried Bright or Loop apps. Also do the gas usage stats show up on EDF web interface.
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • EDF have had ongoing problems with IHDs for several years, their system deregisters them and for more than two years their system for adding new IHDs has not worked, I think they are waiting for the new system to be implemented as part of the move to Kraken.
  • chaoszone said:
    I've been at war with EDF ever since they installed an EDF gas SMETS2 (GEO). The data has never transmitted to the IHD unlike the EON SMETS2 -Smartview2. Their latest excuse is that I would have to have two separate displays because they were fitted by different providers. Is this true?
    I've never been able to get gas data to my Eon IHD nor the GEO provided by EDF and I'm tearing my hair out. I was of the understanding that if they were both SMETS2 then they should be able to transmit the data to a single IHD. I would have thought the GUID of the IHD is the important part to talk to the meters in a HAN.
    I have two IHD things, eonnext for electric, OVO for gas. The meters were fitted two weeks apart.
    Mind, neither of them show the correct unit prices or standing charge rates. 
  • lohr500
    lohr500 Posts: 925
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We don't have gas, but I have given up trying to get EDF to sort out our IHD. I haven't had a working IHD for over two years since we moved to a complex tariff. They have sent out two replacement IHD's so far, but neither would work, despite them de-registering the previous IHD and enrolling the new one.

Perhaps miracles will happen once they move to the new Kraken platform, but I doubt it.
    I am using the Bright App, but it would be handy to see near instantaneous usage info on an IHD.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,691
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 November 2023 at 3:13PM
    The IHD supplied by EDF for me never worked.  It failed to connect.

I tried the ivie Bud but found the data display was basic so I returned it.   I then tried the Glowmarkt IHD and I have stuck with that as it displays both price and kWh and half hour bars, all one one screen.  So, I don't need to cycle through. 

It also gives a bit more functionality to the Bright app with real time use showing on the app.  However, the Bright App remains bugged for those on TOU tariffs.   It still uses location time rather than GMT.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback