Sainsburys nectar - double up

Options
Coffeekup
Coffeekup Posts: 661 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited 16 November 2023 at 11:47AM in Supermarket coupons
If you have the nectar app you can double your points through the app by selecting a gift voucher.
The gift voucher can only be claimed between the 15th and 24th of November, it will then be sent to your nectar app and or sainsburys my coupon wallet if you do online shopping and you have a month to spend it from the day you receive it.

For me this is a good offer compared with previous years when you could only double up on things like clothes etc.

I'll post some screenshots as I'm not good at summarizing stuff.

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,767 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Doesn’t apply to us low spenders, who only have a fivers worth of points 
    Missed out again. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • prettyandfluffy
    Options
    Unfortunately this appears to be by invitation only, not to all Nectar card holders.
  • MattMattMattUK
    Options
    Unfortunately this appears to be by invitation only, not to all Nectar card holders.
    It would seem to be the case, neither I, my mum or my sister have this offer available to us. Annoying as I would happy convert the £50 of Nectar Points into £100 of vouchers!
  • grumpyoldwoman
    Options
    You have to have the Nectar App to get the offer as they are digital vouchers not physical paper ones.
  • Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have just downloaded the app and it was immediately offered to me
  • Flugelhorn
    Options
    not used the app and wallet before - is it possible to print the vouchers (OH does the shopping for us and doesn't possess a smartphone)
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 818 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've not been offered it either - I have the 'Count up to Christmas' promotion, where I get 1000 extra nectar points for every 500 points I collect in Sainsbury's, which is fair enough. I spend all of my nectar points ASAP anyway as I know how incredibly insecure their system is and I don't want the hassle of dealing with stolen points! 
  • Flugelhorn
    Options
    Mnoee said:
    I've not been offered it either - I have the 'Count up to Christmas' promotion, where I get 1000 extra nectar points for every 500 points I collect in Sainsbury's, which is fair enough. I spend all of my nectar points ASAP anyway as I know how incredibly insecure their system is and I don't want the hassle of dealing with stolen points! 
    is there a problem with points getting stolen? I have about £200 in it  :#
  • MattMattMattUK
    Options
    Mnoee said:
    is there a problem with points getting stolen? I have about £200 in it  :#
    Yes, the Nectar system has zero security for spending points in a Sainsbury's store, if you can guess/acquire a valid Nectar card number with enough points on to be able to spend them then you can spend them with no checks in place. It happens reasonably regularly, but Nectar just issue a new card number to the victim and refund the points. Reengineering the system to have proper security is deemed more expensive than refunding Nectar points as required. 
  • MattMattMattUK
    Options
    I have the app, but no offer on there, just the "Count up to Christmas" one. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback