Migrated from Tax Credits - statement showing entitled to zero

13»

Comments

• Thanks Spoonie Turtle. From this I would meet criteria for LCW but not LCWRA.
  • NedS
    NedS Posts: 3,603 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 November 2023 at 1:16AM
    mari2315 said:
    Success!  DWP responded to my journal to advise there had been a delay as they were awaiting info from HMRC before they could calculate transitional protection.  They now have this and have updated my statements which show payments in line with my tax credits.  Advised I will be paid my arrears tomorrow.

Thanks to all who gave help and advice.
    That's good to know, and pleased it was sorted for you.
    The way it is supposed to work... when a claimant is identified as suitable for managed migration, a migration notification letter (invitation) to apply for UC is sent by DWP.
    Once a claim is made, DWP request and should receive details of the latest tax credit award from HMRC.
    The transitional protection is based on the following.
    DWP calculate a notional UC award based on a like for like comparison with the legacy benefit award the day before the UC claim was made.
    TP = TC (legacy) award - notional UC award
    If DWP did not receive the legacy benefit information from HMRC then the Transitional Protection (TP) amount cannot be calculated.
    The process is still far from being fully automated and clearly also far from being flawless. Government departments are still not very good at talking to each other nor sharing information.

• NedS said:
    mari2315 said:
    Success!  DWP responded to my journal to advise there had been a delay as they were awaiting info from HMRC before they could calculate transitional protection.  They now have this and have updated my statements which show payments in line with my tax credits.  Advised I will be paid my arrears tomorrow.

Thanks to all who gave help and advice.
    That's good to know, and pleased it was sorted for you.
    The way it is supposed to work... when a claimant is identified as suitable for managed migration, a migration notification letter (invitation) to apply for UC is sent by DWP.
    Once a claim is made, DWP request and should receive details of the latest tax credit award from HMRC.
    The transitional protection is based on the following.
    DWP calculate a notional UC award based on a like for like comparison with the legacy benefit award the day before the UC claim was made.
    TP = TC (legacy) award - notional UC award
    If DWP did not receive the legacy benefit information from HMRC then the Transitional Protection (TP) amount cannot be calculated.
    The process is still far from being fully automated and clearly also far from being flawless. Government departments are still not very good at talking to each other nor sharing information.

Thanks NedS.  It would have been helpful if DWP had advised they were awaiting the HMRC info as I had a bit of a shock when I first got the statement showing zero due !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback