IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Need advice with a CCJ letter

Options

Comments

• gdexr
    gdexr Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options

CLAIM NO: XXX

BETWEEN:

Highview Parking Limited (Claimant)

-- and --

XXX (Defendant)

DRAFT ORDER

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

UPON considering the application of the Defendant to set aside the Judgment by default entered on [date];

AND UPON reading the evidence in support of the application;

AND UPON the court taking note that the Claimant was not entitled to default judgment, having failed to serve on Defendant's usual residential address;

AND UPON more than 4 months having passed (CPR 7.5 refers) from issue of proceedings [date]

IT IS ORDERED:

1. The Judgment by default entered against the Defendant on [date] is hereby set aside.
    2. The claim should be struck out as more than 4 months has passed from issue of proceedings [date].
    3. Costs of the application be paid by the Claimant to the Defendant in the sum of £275.

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Highview Parking are in the BPA!
  • gdexr
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 November 2023 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Castle said:
    Highview Parking are in the BPA!

I don't understand, what does this mean? Do I need to change something?
  • Not_A_Hope
    Options
    Yes. If Highview Parking are members of the BPA you need to change any reference of the IPC to the BPA and quote the relevant sections of the BPA Code of Practice instead
  • gdexr
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes. If Highview Parking are members of the BPA you need to change any reference of the IPC to the BPA and quote the relevant sections of the BPA Code of Practice instead

Okay, thanks. I will amend that!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,144 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The POC only says: 'PARKWAY RETAIL PARK' (no town)?

Copy the BPA one by @CliveTreeHorn as he has the BPA CoP words and the CEL v Chan case too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • gdexr
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Copy the BPA one by @CliveTreeHorn as he has the BPA CoP words and the CEL v Chan case too.

Yes indeed, The POC does not mention a town, I only redacted the car numplate and the PCN number digits.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    gdexr said:

Yes indeed, The POC does not mention a town, I only redacted the car numplate and the PCN number digits.
    There's not even a Postcode!
  • gdexr
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Castle said:
    gdexr said:

There's not even a Postcode!

There is no postcode or address stated anywhere. I also queried the pay PCN website with the number they sent me and got the following information.

Will post the updated Witness Statment and Draft Order later today!

• UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    As this is a DCB Legal issued claim, why have you not included CEL v Chan to get this thrown out at the set aside hearing?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure