Dimplex and British Gas create new tariff for Dimplex Quantum Storage heaters

Options

Comments

• juliadarby
    Options
    Am interested in the British Gas Dimplex Quantum Jan25 tariff - and have a quote for installation of Dimplex Quantum HHR Storage Heaters arranged.

Have been waiting for my old RTS meter to be upgraded by Ovo Energy for months (after 3 months wait I had an appointment arranged for 1st Dec 2023. But they cancelled that appointment at 2hours notice on 1st December). Ovo Energy have been utterly useless in a) setting up my account when I moved in; b) communicating; c) responding to my registered complaint. I do not want to stay with Ovo Energy and don't believe their tariffs are best for me anyway.

Good to see some positive experience with the heaters noted above. I have been reading the T&Cs of the British Gas Dimplex Quantum tariff, to check whether this looks feasible and would be my best bet going forward...

GIven that the T&Cs state "You are also not eligible for this tariff if you have an Economy 10 meter or if you already have a Smart Economy 7 meter" it looks like I need to switch to British Gas first, then get the Quantum Heaters, then request the special tariff. 

Has anyone had experience of this? Have British Gas met their side of the contract, especially with respect to replacing your conventional Economy 7 meter with a Smart Economy 7 meter within 30 days of your tariff contract start date? Has anyone been unexpectedly denied the Quantum tariff despite having qualifying heaters? 

Thanks.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 January at 8:41PM
    Options
    I was redirected to this BG DQ thread
    My G7 Series, though heater provides G8 Series UI Code 56.
    Maybe it is G8 either way my heater would need UI Service Engineer upgrade.
    I plan to call or raise request to check cost of UI hardware upgrade.
    This tariff does look competitive, though not sure if Eco7 total hours will be used.
    I read as 12:30 to 07:30 it is off peak unless it's totally in Non 24 hour format- which would be pointless for DQ Users.
    Is there any Dimplex quotes for UI Upgrade-edited mser mentioned 160+Labour.
    thanks mser's, I also hope SP can start to offer their versions of Tariffs.
    -edited-
    prev post states Existing Eco7 Smart Meter owners aren't eligible for BG Tariff.
    I'm SP Eco7 Smets 2 Smart Meter Electric only, swap to BG maybe option?
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    edited 22 January at 7:35PM
    Options

If the Menu Button is in the middle of the three button

section, the Quantum is Series G6 ‘RF’ onwards and

therefore Will be able to work with the Centrica Quantum tariff. 

(UI Upgrade req)

It seems my DQ Heater Can be UI Upgraded, yet BG state existing Eco7 Smart Meter owners Aren't Eligible for Tariff. 

Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Someting useful to add.
    I called B.G. today.
    As I have existing Smart Meter (with SP)
    Then BG have took my contact details as this type of customer will be called once DQ Tariff can be offered to existing Smart Meter users on Eco7.

thanks msers
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 January at 3:03PM
    Options
    I wouldn't trust a thing anyone from BG told me. That policy has probably done you a favour.
  • Dandytf
    edited 28 February at 1:42PM
    Options
    I rec’ follow up call from BG today, DQ Tariff now avail for Non BG Smets 2  Smart users.
    Slight shock at heater control panel upgrade.
    1 DQ Heater. 179.87.
    Current SP Tariff 150 Exit Fee, I could swap to May 25 version and drop Exit Fee to 75
    Has Mser’s gone ahead with this BG DQ Tariff.

• Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dandytf said:

Has Mser’s gone ahead with this BG DQ Tariff.
    I think most MSErs know what a world of pain they'd be letting themselves in for if anything went wrong.
  • Dandytf
    edited 28 February at 2:44PM
    Options
    Cost wise any off peak E7 Savings could take considerable time to recover considering 179xx upgrade costs.
    Tempted though is it worth it considering SP 16.05p v BG 9.9p.
    Think I’ll Not change provider, Initial Cost+Additional Upgrade Time.

Thanks 
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When does your fix expire? Are the savings actually going to be worth it, or would you be better off waiting until 49 days before the fix ends and them switching? 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Dandytf
    edited 28 February at 6:38PM
    Options
    When does your fix expire? Are the savings actually going to be worth it, or would you be better off waiting until 49 days before the fix ends and them switching? 
    I forgot about 49 days, though its recent Tariff expires 28th Feb '25.
    I think it could be possible to drop onto SVR which frees up exit fee, does this need to stay active 49days@svr rate.
    I'll re check tonight.
    DQ Heater is only going to use 2-3 hrs overnight  until Summer, then maybe 4-5 hrs during winter.
    I'll re consider BG DQ Tariff another time as my energy is almost 50/50 off peak/on peak.
    E

thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback