NatWest application online message

Options
I went through MSE eligibility checker and got 100 per cent pre approved NatWest offer but when I go through to NatWest and fill in the first page name phone etc it immediately says: Sorry we can’t go ahead we can’t continue with your application online There is no follow up email or anything, is this a rejection or some sort of technical issue? I’m using safari if that helps.
I can offer no resistance, I can offer no respite
Wake me when conflict is over,
I aim for a peaceful life,
Wake me up when the fury is ended
I like living a peaceful life

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Another member had the same issue earlier this week: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6479258/natwest-card-query

I'd say bug rather than rejection but I'd ring at this point.
  • Philip624
    Philip624 Posts: 711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for this much appreciated 
    I can offer no resistance, I can offer no respite
    Wake me when conflict is over,
    I aim for a peaceful life,
    Wake me up when the fury is ended
    I like living a peaceful life
  • martinbainbridge1975
    Options
    I was pre approved by natwest then got declined, might be worth a call before doing a full credit search
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 20 October 2023 at 1:12PM
    Options
    Pre-approved doesn't mean guaranteed. (It should - but doesn't)

It's always subject to final checks. It could be an error - and a phone call will confirm it - but I imagine it's not.

It's recommended in general that you try eligibility checkers directly on credit card providers websites as getting the most accurate picture of success, as the bank uses their own internal scoring mechanism in processing your CRA data. The comparison websites like MSE operate in a different way, and although are right most of the time, aren't always as they don't use the same scoring mechanism the lender does.

Are you an existing Natwest customer with the app? You can go through the eligibility check there where it'll tell you if successful and your likely credit limit before a hard search. If you have that option - go see if you can get an indication without going all the way to a hard search - and if it's positive, definitely a case for giving them a call.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • TommyAV
    TommyAV Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Philip624 said:
    I went through MSE eligibility checker and got 100 per cent pre approved NatWest offer but when I go through to NatWest and fill in the first page name phone etc it immediately says: Sorry we can’t go ahead we can’t continue with your application online There is no follow up email or anything, is this a rejection or some sort of technical issue? I’m using safari if that helps.
    @Philip624 Did you ever get to the bottom of this? We are currently having the same issue. NatWest’s answer to simply apply again, yet the same thing happens. They are implying it’s an eligibility issue, however it *has* to be a technical one.
    Thanks.
  • FredTrump
    FredTrump Posts: 383 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sister bank RBS has the same issue - card services just see an incomplete application. 
    RBS offered to transfer me across to phone applications but I just went elsewhere.
  • PAE_UK
    PAE_UK Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I had this problem and eventually was given the number for the credit card team (you can ask Cora for it). It turned out a security flag had been added to my account that needed approval before I could then apply for the card online. Not sure why I got the flag, maybe applying for too many things too close together.
  • MrFrugalFever
    MrFrugalFever Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Be sure you haven't locked your Experian credit file or added CIFA's protection status as that could be what is holding the application back.

Use NatWest's own website eligibility checker first.
    Save £5k in 2024 challenge #32
    Saved Total = £1,560.26 / £5,000

Secured/Unsecured loans x 0
    Credit Cards x 6 (total limit £24,250)
    Creation FS Retail Account x 1
    0% Overdraft x 1 (£250)
    Mortgage x £140,250
    Debt = £549.00 (0%APR due 22nd July 2024)

Charity fundraising goal for 2024 = £1,000 for animal rehoming / dog fostering etc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback