What can I do here

Greg89
Greg89 Posts: 319
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 18 October 2023 at 7:07PM in Credit file & ratings
So I have been paying for my internet service 

However they have restricted it and I seem to have another account which means I'm behind and owe 

I've been paying for one and behind in another account which i meant to have only one account 

However they do not have an email address, only can phone and they a virtual assistant which isn't going to forward me to a real human to write my concerns and sort this out

Even on the website, it gives you no option, they don't even give you a payment plan to pay off any outstanding balance I owe, just a one off, no instalment plan, only one off payment 

I could write to them 

I'm cheesed off, no email option, no online chat option, no method option, nothing, they'll add late fee 

It's a national popular provider, I would've thought more transparency 

Comments

• This is a confusing post.    Can you explain how you have 2 accounts? I didn’t think it was possible to have 2 services to one installation.

You will have received a welcome letter when you signed up to the original contract,  did you get the same with what the believe is another account?
    The paperwork will have all the contact information.  If you are behind with payments you will have received a formal notification which will tell you how to settle the arrears.
  • Greg89
    Forumite
    Even I'm confused

However their contact is hardly existent and payment plan options 

I'll cancel it 
  • Greg89
    Forumite
    edited 2 November 2023 at 8:44AM
    I've been paying for broadband £30 per month and on time 

It seems I have two broadband accounts for the same address 

I don't owe them £160, surely they have to refund of mitigate things since I have been paying them 

I can't surely pay for two broadbands, they messed it up 

I paid on time and for only one broadband when only one is allowed 

They do not have a live chat or email address 
  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 1,197
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Greg89 said:

It sounds like there has been a mix-up somewhere along the line - have you changed provider or taken out a different package with the same provider at some point?
    Greg89 said:

It's certainly possible that they have made some sort of error - you need to speak to them to find out exactly what has occurred.
    Greg89 said:

I find this somewhat unusual in this day and age, but I'm not saying I disbelieve you.  If you can let us know which company it is, odds on someone will be able to find a contact number for them.  Have you tried a general internet search - often a company will have a phone number, even if it's not overtly advertised on their website.

• Greg89
    Forumite
    Greg89 said:

It sounds like there has been a mix-up somewhere along the line - have you changed provider or taken out a different package with the same provider at some point?
    Greg89 said:

It's certainly possible that they have made some sort of error - you need to speak to them to find out exactly what has occurred.
    Greg89 said:

I find this somewhat unusual in this day and age, but I'm not saying I disbelieve you.  If you can let us know which company it is, odds on someone will be able to find a contact number for them.  Have you tried a general internet search - often a company will have a phone number, even if it's not overtly advertised on their website.

It is Sky

I do have a number, even then I have to speak my post code, go through some processes

I have been paying £30 per month every month and they have to have refund or use that money to cancel the money owed 

I paid £30 per month 

It's not fair saying I them money 
  • Greg89 said:

It is Sky

I do have a number, even then I have to speak my post code, go through some processes
    So you are able to speak to someone?  That would seem to be the simplest solution.  Without knowing the full details of what you're being charged for, any advice that could be offered on this forum would be - to a large extent - speculation.
    If you phone them up and speak to them, I'm sure they'll be able to look into your account and see what's going on.

• So you’ve spoken to someone on the phone?  What did they say?
    You will always be asked for information like postcode etc for normal ID purposes so that should not put you off talking to them.

As others have said here,  without more details of what and when you have been charged on the 2 accounts it’s impossible for anyone to advise you.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,651
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Looking at your user name are you self employed?
  • Greg89
    Forumite
    I'm not self employed 

However they said before if I don't pay by mid November

However the question remains what happens to the £30 per month I've been paying 

They will get a debt collector 

Does this mean I'll get a default on my credit file? I can pay £150 in one day, so that means the default is paid off 

I will phone them 
  • Greg89 said:
    I'm not self employed 

However they said before if I don't pay by mid November

However the question remains what happens to the £30 per month I've been paying 

They will get a debt collector 

Does this mean I'll get a default on my credit file? I can pay £150 in one day, so that means the default is paid off 

I will phone them 
    That is the sensible thing to do and once you have got everything clarified with them, make sure you get all the information in written form eg an email.

I would imagine the £30 per month is for a broadband service, so that would be paying for the service you use?  What sort of contract have you signed up to with Sky? 
    In what way have "they" restricted it?

How have they been communicating with you regards the, alleged, outstanding amount?

Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback