SELLING MOBILE PHONE - SMARTCELLULAR.CO.UK

Options
I am having problems with smartcelluar.co.uk and hoping someone can give me a 'steer' in the right direction to help me.

On Monday 25 September 2023 I completed the questions on their website to trade my IPhone 12 with Smartcellular, inserting my name address, telephone number, bank details and the IMEI number of the phone. They quoted me £330 for my phone which was guaranteed for 2 weeks.

On Monday 2 October 2023 I sent the IPhone 12 to the address they supplied to me to have the IPhone 12 assessed by their experts, it was sent Special Delivery as the item was valued at more than £100.

I had confirmation of delivery the following day.

Since then I have tried to call their Sales and Customer Service inquiries

Call: 03306781033 but just get an answer stating that the call is important to them, I am in a queue, and then 40 seconds later it states there is no-one to answer my call and hangs up.  I have also sent 8 emails, again have had no reply apart from the message 
"All emails will be answered within 2 working days.
Please note our customer service department opening hours are from 9 AM - 5 PM, Monday - Friday.
Your custom is very important to us and we will reply back to as soon as possible."
I have tried to get the matter sorted with "Resolve" but they are not answering them either.
They now have my Phone, I have no way of either getting the money for it or getting my Phone back.

If anyone can help me I would be eternally grateful.

Comments

• Wonka_2
    Wonka_2 Posts: 651 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hate to say it but maybe look at the Trustpilot reviews and weed out the 'paid for' 5* reviews

I wouldn't be holding out much hope of your £330 any time soon  :'(
  • philtheman379
    Options
    Thanks, did that after I realised I wasn't getting any replies, no help
  • Wonka_2
    Wonka_2 Posts: 651 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    In reality looking at the reviews legal action is likely to be your only help - you've not paid them anything so you've no claim on credit/debit card.

Do you have legal cover on your home insurance ?
  • philtheman379
    Options
    i have no insurance, just tried going via Facebook will see what happens that way
  • philtheman379
    Options
    Sorry, did not read your message properly, will check re home insurance
  • maceyratbags
    Options
    I placed an order in September for 2 x refurbished iphones for gifts for my children. I paid by debit card. Five weeks on, no phones and no refund. Impossible to get hold of the owner, mrs Yaasameen Maryam Ahmed, a 43 year old British Egyptian. 

Mrs Ahmed has an enormous catalogue of companies that she’s dissolved, after fleecing customers.

She started with The Best Androids Ltd, then The Best Android Tablets Ltd, Smart Cherry Mobiles Ltd, and now Smart Cellulars which is the trading name for Smart Cm Ltd.

she also has a string of skincare companies. She must have been self-taught in the art of being thick skinned. 

I have reported her antics to as many consumer rights organisations as I can find. 

Not much comfort but we aren’t the only ones  that have been conned.

• philtheman379
    Options
    I have managed to make contact through messenger, albeit still waiting as they said that my query would be forwarded to the 'sales' department, that was last Friday, still waiting to hear from them, have hastened again this morning!
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think MSE should repeat their advice about how to spot dodgy websites  . It's got all the signs.

Lots of spelling and grammar mistakes
    Contradictory information
    Elements not lined up
    Graphics taken from another site including app icons!
    Documentation for other companies 
    Links that go to the wrong place

• StrikeBack
    Options
    When I try to go to s**rtcelluar.co.uk, Chrome will not load the site as the protocol is not secure. When I try using Firefox it allows a connection which has a green header stating that the domain name is for sale with little else displayed.

Looks like she is moving on to her next project.

Old user - New username - Long story.
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When I try to go to s**rtcelluar.co.uk, Chrome will not load the site as the protocol is not secure. When I try using Firefox it allows a connection which has a green header stating that the domain name is for sale with little else displayed.

Looks like she is moving on to her next project.

You've spelt it wrong I'm afraid. It's cellular not celluar. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback