Money Moral Dilemma: I'm a rail worker – should I report my friend for dodging fares?

Options

Comments

• Bigfra46
    Bigfra46 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The fatcats who run the train companies are sitting with billions in their bank accounts, he is stealing from their profits, so who cares? It doesn't come out of your wages! It's up to them to pay more money for better security! And taxpayers dont pay any more money for a few fare dodgers! The fatcats will put prices up every year no matter whst to make more money!
  • Bahhumbug
    Options
    Birds of a feather.
  • sunnyflower
    Options
    Nothing to do with you, it's up to the fare dodger staff to catch him out. 

• VintageBelle
    Options
    I wouldn't grass but rather have a word with him if it's really bothering you and explain why.
  • cutler69
    Options
    for someone who uses the trains a lot i can't blame him as i got standard in Dover & Manchester due to the train strikes after already paid for the trains so i had to pay another £150 in dover & £70 for a taxi home from Manchester & I've still not for my train fare money back from Dover as they say i've used them even so my advanced trains i booked was on strike so had to use them 2 days later which wasn't the trains i paid for so i should have been refunded on them 
  • ambioni
    ambioni Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Speak to him first about his behaviour before you do anything; is he struggling with money at the moment (as most of us are) or can he afford it but just doesn't want to pay? If you worked in any other industry and had a "friend" who was robbing your company you would report this to the company but as I said if they're a friend speak to them first
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback