IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Leaving Site PCN

Options

Comments

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    fisherjim said:
    Well I have never heard of a PPC taking any photos of someone leaving a site, and if leaving site is so detrimental to the business of the landowner or occupants proper management of that site would mean the attendants duty is to stop the perpetrator and inform them not try to pocket £100/£60 by post a week later.
    Also as said above what is the site boundary etc etc.
    I HAVE, AND IT'S EURO again. Photos captured on CCTV and on a site that does not have any signs for the boundary of the site

CCTV was never designed as a cash cow for parking scammers

• emkilic
    Options
    fisherjim said:
    Well I have never heard of a PPC taking any photos of someone leaving a site, and if leaving site is so detrimental to the business of the landowner or occupants proper management of that site would mean the attendants duty is to stop the perpetrator and inform them not try to pocket £100/£60 by post a week later.
    Also as said above what is the site boundary etc etc.
    I HAVE, AND IT'S EURO again. Photos captured on CCTV and on a site that does not have any signs for the boundary of the site

CCTV was never designed as a cash cow for parking scammers

How did you manage that? Did you pay or appealed ? 
  • emkilic
    Options
    I noticed another inappropriate thing. The charge is described as 60 pounds in pcn which i received. However, in their website and their system amount of charge is 100 pounds.

There was a sign next to my car. It was written that max stay 45 minutes which is shorter than my stay. There was not any information about leaving the site in the sign. I have not been warned from anyone, there was not any attendant. Site is a small car park in front of the tesco without any barriers. It is next to the pavement.

Reason for issue is parking for patrons whilst the premises only. I am gonna appeal to IAS but they also respond to my appeal that if i appeal to IAS charge will be doubled. What would you suggest for my next move?

Thanks for help. 
  • UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    Tell us the location of this car park please. Also, if you can, go back and take a phot of the sign that you say had no information about leaving the site.
  • UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    emkilic said:
    I noticed another inappropriate thing. The charge is described as 60 pounds in pcn which i received. However, in their website and their system amount of charge is 100 pounds.

There was a sign next to my car. It was written that max stay 45 minutes which is shorter than my stay. There was not any information about leaving the site in the sign. I have not been warned from anyone, there was not any attendant. Site is a small car park in front of the tesco without any barriers. It is next to the pavement.

Reason for issue is parking for patrons whilst the premises only. I am gonna appeal to IAS but they also respond to my appeal that if i appeal to IAS charge will be doubled. What would you suggest for my next move?
    Waste of time appealing to the IAS. The charge cannot be "doubled". If you mean that you will lose any bribe discount, that is always the case.

What "photos" do they have? Are you referring to video stills from a CCTV camera or are these "photos" taken surreptitiously by someone (an "attendant" maybe or more likely, some vermin on a retainer from the PPC)?
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    dont bother appealing to the IAS
    do nothing, ignore any debt recovery letters, come back to us if you get a court claim, or update the parking firm if you move address
    end of......
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Grizebeck
    Options
    emkilic said:

Waste of time appealing to the IAS. The charge cannot be "doubled". If you mean that you will lose any bribe discount, that is always the case.

What "photos" do they have? Are you referring to video stills from a CCTV camera or are these "photos" taken surreptitiously by someone (an "attendant" maybe or more likely, some vermin on a retainer from the PPC)?
    Euro are mainly in and around Birmingham, they do a lot of CCTV tickets of small but busy sites , like in selly oak, the outskirts of the city etc
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • emkilic
    Options
    Grizebeck said:
    do nothing, ignore any debt recovery letters, come back to us if you get a court claim, or update the parking firm if you move address
    end of......
    Actually i am really afraid of going into court, because of the costs. I admitted that i left the site and came back in a few minutes after shopping. (Because i did not know this may be a reason of penalty) Is that a reason for me to lose the court?

Also they have photos of mine leaving the site which i am located at the other side of the road. I wish to appeal IAS because there is not any information about leaving the site in the warning sign. Also, the amount of charge they want from me is 100 pounds however my pcn is 60 pounds. Would that be a reason for IAS to cancel the penalty ?

Thank you
  • emkilic
    Options
    Tell us the location of this car park please. Also, if you can, go back and take a phot of the sign that you say had no information about leaving the site.
    It is in Birmingham Jewellery quarter. Yes i already do have a close photo of the sign. It is written as " parking for customers of building only whilst you remain on the premises." I am a customer, i have proof of shopping. I just left it after shopping and came back before my time 45 min expires. 
  • Grizebeck
    Options
    emkilic said:
    Grizebeck said:
    end of......
    Actually i am really afraid of going into court, because of the costs. I admitted that i left the site and came back in a few minutes after shopping. (Because i did not know this may be a reason of penalty) Is that a reason for me to lose the court?

Also they have photos of mine leaving the site which i am located at the other side of the road. I wish to appeal IAS because there is not any information about leaving the site in the warning sign. Also, the amount of charge they want from me is 100 pounds however my pcn is 60 pounds. Would that be a reason for IAS to cancel the penalty ?

Thank you
    Your over thinking
    unlikely to get a court
    You will lose at the IAS sorry on this one so your wasting your time
    Please take the advice given we know what we are talking about here
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure