IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Leaving Site PCN

Options
Hi all. I parked my car to an area for shopping and i shopped from tesco. After that i left the site to take my parcel from post office which takes 5 minutes. Then i came back and went out with my car. I received penalty and appealed it with my credit card statements for shopping. It is rejected. Should i pay that or continue to appeal to IAS ? Isn't it my shopping enough to park there even i leave the site just for 5 minutes? 
ps: I have been living in UK for only 5 months and not sure of the rules thats why i left the site on foot. 

Thanks for help.

Comments

• UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    I doubt that what you received is a "penalty". More likely a speculative invoice from an unregulated private parking company.

Did you identify who was the driver in any of your appeal or communication? What is the location? Which PPC? What evidence do they have of you "leaving the site"? How is it worded in the NtK?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You don't pay this scam.

Complain to the store manager where you shopped.

Which parking firm?

You didn't admit to taking the parcel off-site in your appeal, did you?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The leaving site scam is just another add on that PPC's use to extort money from motorists, stop talking about leaving site, the PPC will not have any evidence, and only one disastrous (for the ppc) ever went to court.
  • UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    fisherjim said:
    The leaving site scam is just another add on that PPC's use to extort money from motorists, stop talking about leaving site, the PPC will not have any evidence, and only one disastrous (for the ppc) ever went to court.
    Unfortunately, the only evidence they need is the driver admitting to having left the site. However, depending on what was said in the original appeal or other correspondence, it may be possible to argue a misinterpretation due to the language barrier.
  • emkilic
    emkilic Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I admitted that i left the site because they already have photos of mine walking out of the site. Company is euro parking services. I am not get used to these kind of cases so yes i admitted that i was the driver, left the site and came back again but i have shopped before leaving the site. So under these circumstances, am i really guilty for that ? Isn't it weird to force people to not to pass over other side of the road ? 
  • UncleThomasCobley
    Options
    It's a pity that you hadn't come here before you appealed. The photos they have do not constitute evidence, or at least didn't, if the drivers identity had not been disclosed.

Were you made aware, at the time, where the boundary of the "site" was? Were there any signs that notified you that you were now leaving "the site"?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Go and take readable photos of their signage.  Where is this car park, it may have been dealt with on this forum previously. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Leaving site is just another childish prank used by idiot car park operators

As Uncle Tom said above ...

Were you made aware, at the time, where the boundary of the "site" was? Were there any signs that notified you that you were now leaving "the site"?

They might say the signs said so ..... Euro signs are rubbish, small print you need binoculars to read

In your case it does not matter you said you were the driver, the main factor is ..... WERE THERE SIGNS warning you that you were leaving the property and that you would be charged for doing so.
    The signs would have to be in a place the public could easily see. (Not the rubbish signs with small print)
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well I have never heard of a PPC taking any photos of someone leaving a site, and if leaving site is so detrimental to the business of the landowner or occupants proper management of that site would mean the attendants duty is to stop the perpetrator and inform them not try to pocket £100/£60 by post a week later.
    Also as said above what is the site boundary etc etc.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Where is this car park?

Were you warned by someone that you were "leaving" the "site"?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback