Xmas Groceries- Who will your household use this year?

Options
124»

Comments

• Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,305 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 October 2023 at 5:30PM
    Options
    MysteryMe said:
    I've ordered the meat from Waitrose and the rest I will get between Co op and Iceland. I've also bought a Christmas pudding from Georgie Porgies 
    I love their puddings.  They are made in Devon and turn up at nearly all the food festivals/fairs in the South West.  They are expensive to buy but they are divine.  Great if you’ve only got a few people who like Xmas pudding.  We found a lot half price after Christmas last year and bought some to put in the freezer.  
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did an Iceland order and bought Christmas nibbles - Lindt reindeers, cashews, peanuts and pistachios. Also goose fat for roasting veg. 
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We will shop in several places but we save our nectar points all year to spend on the Xmas shop. Last year we had £92 and we did the whole shop on it (or we would have if I could have used the £2 of points) I paid £2 something in cash and had to carry the points over.

Also use aldi/Lidl for bits that aren't samey. But this year we aren't cooking the main meal so will be interesting to see how far we can stretch our points and we are all off work for Xmas for the first time in years so we will need nibbles for the whole week!
  • MrsStepford
    Options
    Signed up for an Iceland delivery on 23 December. Will get an email telling me when I can place the actual order.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In the Aldi Christmas food products 'magazine' it said something about their veg being the same price as last year so no doubt there will be a veggie price war. Most of my things will be from Aldi- think they have topped the cheapest from Good Housekeeping magazine, They also won some of their best value items in the Christams food section.

I would vote for Aldi but yes, you've omitted it!!

Can you not go back to your original posting, click on the 'cog wheel' and then amend?
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £88.25 spent!!!
  • MrsStepford
    Options
    Cook is a company from Kent, which makes upmarket frozen ready meals. It has 90 shops, does delivery (minimum order £45, 2.95 delivery) and you'll often find freezers with their food in farm shops.

I think their food is overpriced, so I was surprised to see a high welfare turkey breast for two, stuffed with gluten free Speldhurst sausagemeat, for 16.50. Gluten free turkey gravy 400g 3.75, pigs in blankets using gluten-free Speldhurst Cumberland chipolatas wrapped in Speldhurst streaky bacon, 6.25 for eight. Salmon, horseradish and spinach stacks (starter for two, quite substantial), 7.50 So my New Year 's Day lunch is pretty much sorted. 😇
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,305 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Cook is a company from Kent, which makes upmarket frozen ready meals. It has 90 shops, does delivery (minimum order £45, 2.95 delivery) and you'll often find freezers with their food in farm shops.

I think their food is overpriced, so I was surprised to see a high welfare turkey breast for two, stuffed with gluten free Speldhurst sausagemeat, for 16.50. Gluten free turkey gravy 400g 3.75, pigs in blankets using gluten-free Speldhurst Cumberland chipolatas wrapped in Speldhurst streaky bacon, 6.25 for eight. Salmon, horseradish and spinach stacks (starter for two, quite substantial), 7.50 So my New Year 's Day lunch is pretty much sorted. 😇
    We have a lot of their food in our freezer.  It may seem overpriced but it’s massively better than anything you can get in the supermarkets.  We had a large Christmas pudding and a Christmas cake from them last year, they were nearly as good as home made  :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback