Xmas Groceries- Who will your household use this year?

Options
PRDMKT
PRDMKT Posts: 40 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 4 October 2023 at 7:39AM in Food shopping & groceries
As I am getting ready to book my annual shop, I am curious to know where everyone else will be going.

Xmas Groceries- Who will your household use this year? 45 votes

Tesco
13% 6 votes
Morrisons
2% 1 vote
ASDA
15% 7 votes
Waitrose
13% 6 votes
Sainsburys
22% 10 votes
LIDL
2% 1 vote
Iceland
0% 0 votes
Ocado
11% 5 votes
M&S
6% 3 votes
Other
13% 6 votes

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    M&S only because my in laws give us a voucher for M&S every Christmas 
  • Mnoee
    Mnoee Posts: 821 Forumite
    Photogenic Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't host Christmas, we go to my partner's parents. They use a local butcher and greengrocer for meat and veg, with various other bits from all over. I go there every Xmas Eve to help with prep. 

I'll be getting my usual Sainsbury's shop - I'm the only vegetarian so I usually make myself some sort of single portion Veggie Wellington, along with plenty of home made fudge to hand out to all the extended family and well wishers who seem to descend there. It's very different from the Christmases I grew up with, I come from a very small family and his is massive! 
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I will use Ocado for the harder to find larder stuff, either French Click or Bonnebouffe for French stuff including fresh, farms for meat and poultry, ASDA and Sainsbury's for organic veg, Waitrose for organic treats and Iceland for Viennetta, Mackies of Scotland crisps and Just Brazils for husband, Lindt reindeers and Toblerone. Apart from veg will be delivered.
  • PRDMKT
    Options
    Does anyone know when Waitrose will open up there slots? I have seen some people claiming they've already booked, but I can't see anything when I look.
  • pumpkin89
    pumpkin89 Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    PRDMKT said:
    Does anyone know when Waitrose will open up there slots? I have seen some people claiming they've already booked, but I can't see anything when I look.
    They were opened last Monday (25 Sep) for "early access" customers (I guess those who spend most on waitrose.com through the year?)
    They will be opened up for all customers tomorrow, Wednesday 4 Oct.
  • PRDMKT
    Options
    pumpkin89 said:
    PRDMKT said:
    They were opened last Monday (25 Sep) for "early access" customers (I guess those who spend most on waitrose.com through the year?)
    They will be opened up for all customers tomorrow, Wednesday 4 Oct.
    Thank you :smiley:
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why isnt Aldi on the list?
  • PRDMKT
    Options
    kippers said:
    Why isnt Aldi on the list?
    A complete oversight on my part- and ALDI is the place I normally use lol- Can I amend the list? or are Mods able to help?
  • MaidaVale3499
    Options
    For Hanukkah 2023 it will be Aldi - best unsalted butter this side of Tel Aviv x
  • thara1996
    thara1996 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Heya. 

I now buy cheese at a local farm shop in order to save me money. My next door neighbour lets me have baking powder, fruit and a entire roast turkey each Christmas. I think that she is quite nice. I tend to see if there are any discounts or advertised wine offers. I prefer to make up a tray of really cool festive biscuits and cakes at home instead. It is much cheaper that way for sure. Good luck. In terms of the family Christmas meal, here is what we have

Half a roast turkey 
    Santa biscuits
    Festive cupcakes
    Candy canes 
    Carrots
    Bread rolls 
    Fresh fruit 
    Mince pies 
    Yuletide cake 
    White wine

I am hoping to find games in the charity shops this year. Tomorrow I’m going to start looking at Christmas gifts and seasonal cards. We divide the food up. I want sweets too on the table. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback