IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Parking control - ZZPS - No PCN letter

Options
Hello,

I recieved a letter fro xxps - saying i owe £170 - on behalf of uk parking control - but this is the first ive heard of it and did not recived anything from uk parking control, so no chance to appeal etc...

I have been reading numerous threads on this site - it seems my problem is a common one, my question is what exactly do i do next, been on some threads and all i keep reading is ignore zzps - i just dont want stress - to prevent them inreasing the fine - what EXACTLY do i do next please?

Do i complain to someone? if so whom?

I have not contacted either company yet as i have been reading not to do this - i just need to know what to do next and what the sequnce of events is if i never recived any PCN letter in the first place.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Welcome. You should already know that it is not a "fine" and you should stop considering it as one. It is just a speculative invoice from an unregulated private parking company and they are relying on your gullibility to stress out and pay into their scam.

You probably didn't receive anything about this before because your V5C logbook details were not updated when you moved. You need to get those corrected now. You can do that online on the DVLA website. Not updating it can get you a real "fine" of up to £1,000.

You ignore ZZPS because they are just a debt collector and are not a party to the contract you allegedly broke. They offer their service to the parking company on a no-win, no-fee basis. They add on a fake £70 and try to get gullible victims to poop their pants and pay up.

Go back and re-read the Newbies/FAQ thread, especially the second post, as you are now waiting for a Letter of Claim.
  • queenb123
    Options
    Hello thanks for your reply - V5C logbook is up to date - Not sure how zzps have my details if it wasnt.

Can you just point me to which thread im supposed to read - I just dont need this in my life right now as one of my children is terminally ill...i just want to know what to do next and just dont need the headache or stress - i also dont want to money to escalte further - just want to know what to do next? Wait? call/write to someone?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,892 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    queenb123 said:
    Hello thanks for your reply - V5C logbook is up to date - Not sure how zzps have my details if it wasnt.
    Have you checked your vehicle's Registration Document?
    I ask because the second part of your post seems to assume that ZZPS couldn't find your address through other means.

It is very common for people to overlook updating a V5c when moving and this is the most usual way for victims to hear nothing about a parking event until a debt collector like ZZPS are involved.

Please please check the address on your V5c.
  • queenb123
    Options
    Yes i have checked - my address is correct, been here 6 years, bought car 3rd year of living at the address and i have checked it is correct.

The letter from ZZPS says i didnt pay UK PARKING CONTROL LIMITED - so therefore UK PARKING CONTROL LIMITED has "instructed" them to collect the debt from me. My point is i never got any letter from UK PARKING CONTROL LIMITED to inform me of the fine in the 1st place....lots on this thread say dont call them, im not paying wheni didnt get anything from UK PARKING CONTROL LIMITED.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 September 2023 at 11:41PM
    Options
    Just ignore them.

Or (and I recommend this):

Ring ZZPS up when you are feeling strong this week, and IMPORTANT! - RECORD THE CALL ON ANOTHER PHONE -  tell them about your child (I am so very sorry to hear this).

Ask them to stop demanding money because you are vulnerable due to being a carer for your terminally ill child and never received a PCN.  So, you are very angry and upset and need them to note your vulnerability and stop this harassment.

It might take 15 minutes for ZZPS to answer. Put the first phone on loudspeaker and record the call on another phone, (EXCEPT for the moment when you give your name and address and reference from their letter).

Do not get upset or agree to pay - just try to talk reason and record their response.  Do not be misled or scared by them threatening court but ask them to explain why there was no PCN and why they think it's OK to add £70, what's that money actually for?

Then - if you are happy to do so - please pm me a copy of that recording (not including your name/address) and I will send it to the Government, as a case study and proof of their bullying.

No paying.

Also you can contact the Government yourself, too.  
    IF YOU WANT THIS CRAP TO BECOME ILLEGAL:

PLEASE do this in September:

IMPORTANT - ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT:

Please add to the Government's current Call For Evidence by sending an email to the DLUHC showing your £170 threatograms (redact your address) and a link to the recording.  Prove to them that ZZPS are bullying you and refusing to reissue the PCN.

The Government want to hear from consumers as well as PPCs and Question 4 is the one to answer, if you only do one.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6471857/please-reply-to-question-4-of-the-governments-call-for-evidence-re-the-level-of-parking-charges

Explained there.

PLEASE READ AND JOIN US.

This is vital.

Attach your ZZPS letter(s) and phone recording to your email and tell the Government how receiving extortionate 3 figure threats (and being talked over when you phoned up, and told it's your fault) actually feels.

Obviously state at the start of your email response to the DLUHC and in the subject line, that you are a consumer and are answering Question 4 on the parking Call for Evidence.

Change the law... we already are...

If you feel strong enough this week or next, please send me that recording and I will take it to my contacts at the Government, as I'm involved in the group behind regulating the rogue parking industry.

You can also send it to your MP and ask them to lean on ZZPS and the parking firm to cancel it.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • queenb123
    Options
    ok thanks for the advice - just seems most are saying not to call and it seems i have no choice, just seems contradictory, i just dont have time to talk to MPs i just dont want the money to increase any further, if ignore things will escalate and get worse an i just dont have the money.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    queenb123 said:
    ok thanks for the advice - just seems most are saying not to call and it seems i have no choice, just seems contradictory, i just dont have time to talk to MPs i just dont want the money to increase any further, if ignore things will escalate and get worse an i just dont have the money.

I think you are missing CM's point she is looking for evidence of the pressure scare tactics used by these chancers to present to the government if you are feeling strong, otherwise ignore the idiots.
  • B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    This is UKPC. If you do nothing, they will eventually get DCB Legal to issue a court claim. When the claim is received, a robust defence using the template defence will see them eventually discontinue. We have hundreds of threads where this is the outcome.

Whilst you have our sympathy for your unfortunate situation, you must realise that you are dealing with intellectually malnourished bottom-dwellers whose only aim in life is to extort money. The more vulnerable you are, the more they will gleefully rub their hands at the thought of you capitulating to their tactics.

I am sure there are plenty of readers who would be more than happy to assist you if you feel this is not worth the time and effort. We see this typical behaviour of the scammers every day on here. Feel free to reach out if you would like assistance that would take the strain off you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 September 2023 at 12:42PM
    Options
    fisherjim said:
    queenb123 said:

I think you are missing CM's point she is looking for evidence of the pressure scare tactics used by these chancers to present to the government if you are feeling strong, otherwise ignore the idiots.
    Yes. The point of phoning is to prove they WON'T cancel (we say they won't, and we believe they will pressure you to pay).

And no-one needs to talk to MPs.  You just email your one and ask them to complain for you, to relieve you of the burden.

That might well see it cancelled.

My two step suggestion is to help you hopefully see this off, @queenb123

But don't phone up without recording it. And DON'T BE BULLIED.

Do not agree to a payment plan. Just record their bullying as proof.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • queenb123
    queenb123 Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hello all,

I received a claim form today - please i dont mean to be upsetting - i have been reading the threads and dont know what to do next - i just cant pay can someone please just state exaclt what i am to do or how to put in a defence - im grieving for my son and i just want to deal with this as quickly as possible. Than you in advanc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback