IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

One Parking Solution Stanmer Park Village

Options

Comments

• forummseuser01
    forummseuser01 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 September 2023 at 3:50PM
    Options
    I am happy to participate. 

I read the details in the link regarding deleted_user's experience in the court. It was reassuring. Thank you.
  • forummseuser01
    forummseuser01 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 21 September 2023 at 3:50PM
    Options
    Hi deleted_user, thanks for making contact. It is really interesting and helpful reading about your experiences. I very much get the impression that these companies know they are on thin ice. I just don't understand why any reputable organisation or BHCC would employ them. But that is an aside, my objection is that those unlit signs were impossible to see in the dark and drizzle of that night in October. The signage throughout Stanmer Park indicates chargeable hours are until 8pm, apart from in the small area operated by OPS of course! But the signage is so poor that I did not see it. In my view they are deliberately misleading people, effectively setting a trap for the unwitting. Was the individual from the company or from a legal firm representing the company? I can't imagine why anyone would want to work for the firm. Interesting that the firm had a recent judgement at an employment tribunal. Appears the company has form when it comes to intimidatory behaviors.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/64ddda2b3fde61000d4a53fa/Mr_A_Sutton_V_One_Parking_Solution_Limited_-_1401596.2022_-_Judgment.pdf
  • forummseuser01
    Options
    Oh and congratulations on winning in court!
  • 95Rollers
    95Rollers Posts: 807 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 18 September 2023 at 8:33PM
    Options
    Hi 

forummseuser01

I don’t normally judge people but his belly poked through his tight shirt, he looked about 18, no socks and trousers half way up his legs. I never judge people but ..
    This made me laugh out loud!  Was that Harry or Gavin or a "professional" legal rep? 😆 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I can guess. One of them isn't a teenager!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 95Rollers
    95Rollers Posts: 807 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 September 2023 at 4:20PM
    Options
    I hope his pay isn't performance related! :D

I'm guessing they don't have that many employees as he's also the Data Protection guy, office clerk, general dogsbody and legal eagle!  I don't imagine you can fit that many people into a small garage at the side of a small house.
  • forummseuser01
    Options
    I lodged my defence on time and I have received acknowledgement from the court. I understand I need to complete the witness statement but I have heard nothing from the court and had no further paperwork. Should I be chasing the court given it has been a few weeks now?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The CNBC is around 2 months behind in their admin. Keep a check on your MCOL history which should tell you if/when anything has happened. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • forummseuser01
    Options
    Thank you Umkomaas
  • forummseuser01
    Options
    Hi, I have today received notice that this claim is to proceed. The is dated 10 Oct 23 and I received it today with an apology from our postie. Apparently he has been on holiday and his cover was sick so our post is two weeks behind. Nice work guys. Don't worry it is only a letter from the court! Anyway, I have a couple of questions. First regarding the choice of county court: I have seen other threads discussing good and bad courts. I live in Brighton so Brighton Court would be the logical choice on that basis. However, I work near East Grinstead so I could use a court local to there. Is Brighton a reasonable choice of court? Also, the N180 form asks if I would consider the case suitable for determination without a hearing. My instinct is to say no, and this is in line with the recommendations on this forum, however I am having difficulty arguing why, without sounding like I am undermining the integrity of the hearing process. I want to say that I would like to be given the chance to hear/view the claimant's evidence and legal basis and be given the chance to challenge any particular points of contention. Is anyone able to advise on these two points please? Many thanks in advance.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure