Has Marks and Spencer refused you a refund? Post details here.

Options

Comments

• Bobcat_12
    Options
    I was bought a shirt for Christmas and it didnt fit so I returned it to m and s only to be told that they didn't have the next size available and as a result I could have a credit note (as I didn't have the receipt) the assistant scanned in the bar code and told me that they would give me £22.50 credit note despite the label stating that it had been purchased for £29.50 before Christmas this was because it was in the sale at £22.50 and that their return policy states that they will only give you the current price this policy is only clearly displayed behind he returns desk and nowhere else in the store . I asked to see the manager but to no avail so m and s have joined the ranks of rip off Britain maybe they will all be wearing !!!!!! Turpin tunics in the future as uniforms whatever happened to good old customer service that we used to get
  • alphabet_soup
    Options
    To be fair Bobcat, without a receipt, how are M&S to know you didn't buy the shirt this morning at the sale price, before trying to return it and attempting to get an earlier, higher price refunded?
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    Are people just too lazy to start a new thread? Just wasting people's time going through old threads to find the new post, which is just a moan about a perfectly reasonable outcome.
  • Surreystarlet
    Options
    If you had had a gift receipt for the item, then M&S would have given you a credit note for the amount paid at the time of purchase. If I'm buying a present for anyone I always make sure I get a gift receipt in case the size/colour isn't correct as all stores refund policy is to offer a credit note at the current selling price if no receipt is present, for the reason that alphabet soup states.

Other way round this is to order the colour/size you wanted online, get it delivered to the store. When you pick it up you can then return it, get a refund and then ask them to exchange it :)
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    Bobcat_12 wrote: »
    I was bought a shirt for Christmas and it didnt fit so I returned it to m and s only to be told that they didn't have the next size available and as a result I could have a credit note (as I didn't have the receipt) the assistant scanned in the bar code and told me that they would give me £22.50 credit note despite the label stating that it had been purchased for £29.50 before Christmas this was because it was in the sale at £22.50 and that their return policy states that they will only give you the current price this policy is only clearly displayed behind he returns desk and nowhere else in the store . I asked to see the manager but to no avail so m and s have joined the ranks of rip off Britain maybe they will all be wearing !!!!!! Turpin tunics in the future as uniforms whatever happened to good old customer service that we used to get

You're an idiot.....
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    well this morning I will take two cardi back that are not my size that were given to me as Christmas presents.I am hoping that I will get a credit note so I can then get something in the correct size,fingers crossed.If I don't get it then I will probably end up donating them to a charity shop even though they are brand new as I see no point in keeping stuff in the cupboard that doesn't fit I am more than happy to top up any credit note so I will just have to see what happens
  • cyberem78
    Options
    I just wanted to share my recent experience with Marks and Spencer hampers. Sent a £75 one to a relative as a gift and several items were smashed in it. I phoned customer helpline and they said they would open an account with them and give me a £10 credit on my account. I said I didn't want an account several times and the lady kept repeating the same offer over and over. Eventually she put me on hold and came back and said a £15 M&S voucher would be sent to me. This was all she could offer apparantly, no cash refund.

Although it does state no refunds for hampers on their website I think if they deliver broken items you've paid for you should be able to be reinbursed for them.
  • harvestmoon
    Options
    cyeberem78
    Why didn't you go into the store with the smashed items?
    ANYONE could claim that items were 'smashed in!'
    A £75 hamper!?
    Think yourself lucky you got ANY offer over the phone!!!!!
    Stores SHOULD DEMAND EVIDENCE!!!!
    The rest of us 'fund' the refunds!
    Sorry if it seems harsh but there you go - business is business!!!!
  • an9i77
    an9i77 Posts: 1,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I ordered a top from M and S online and they sent the wrong one. I went in store, with the receipt and they refused to refund it as the code on the item did not match that on the receipt. Of course it did not it was the wrong item! I went round in circles for ages, saying how can anyone prove what they'd ordered was different to what they'd received in this situation. Eventually they said I'd have to send it back to online, which I did, and they refunded me but it was a big hassle.
  • hiccup123
    hiccup123 Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    an9i77 wrote: »
    I ordered a top from M and S online and they sent the wrong one. I went in store, with the receipt and they refused to refund it as the code on the item did not match that on the receipt. Of course it did not it was the wrong item! I went round in circles for ages, saying how can anyone prove what they'd ordered was different to what they'd received in this situation. Eventually they said I'd have to send it back to online, which I did, and they refunded me but it was a big hassle.

You should have tried returning it without a receipt to see how much it was worth. If it was the same price or more you could have taken the credit note. Would have saved being messed about by them.....and would have served them right for not being more helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure