Has Marks and Spencer refused you a refund? Post details here.

Options

Comments

• FunkyFeet
    FunkyFeet Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Options
    char_student i sympathise with you! you are right, what an absolute b****, this sales assistant more like jobs worth b**** you came across sounds a lot like wolvesfan18.

wolvesfan18 you really do put m&s staff to shame!
    You should be ashamed of yourself, my brother started working there and told me of how some older mostly women but some men too like to make customers lives hell and he said this must really put off customers, he vowed never to be like them when he was on finally on the cs counter, although unlike you who is still just on the refunds/cs counter hes up there as section manager at the age of only 18 after just over a year with the company! Stupid and not to mention rude people like you who get a power trip working behind a counter like that disgust me but more so i feel sorry for you as cs counter is where you have worked your way up to and thats where youll stay, only the nice people with good hearts get somewhere, not nasty pathetic losers like you!

in your post you say 'fact it i hate m&s customers' i guess its a typo and you mean you hate m&s customers, i.e. Me, well i have news for you, you have a job because of us and although what im about to say is way to hard on the good company you a silly person works for, i hope to god one day m&s goes bust just like woolies, we will see how much you hate us customers then when you do not have a job! looking at share prices, you never know....NicoleFury you certainly talk sense!

As for the idiot who stated, we 'slag you off after you leave anyway'- My brother told me of how cameras record sound as well as images, when an elderly customer turned her back at the refunds counter instore a dept manager and 2 checkout staff were fired instantly as they commented and called that elderly customer a f***ing liar, said she looked like a tramp and said how she probably stole it' (whilst my brother looked on in shock) So dont think, just because you are 'in' with particular managers that you are safe, there are people above store staff and managers, people who matter unlike your self, they will listen in and you will face the consequences one day! id like to say, get a life you pathetic fool. is that all your life is, being a complete and utter f***head to people, you are lucky you have our custom or like woolies staff you would be signing up right now! Edit: just realised you wolvesfan18 are this idot too, so the above msg is for you too!

a quick note to fellow mse'rs who have known me on here from years ago, Sorry,i know this is very unlike me to have such a blatant go at someone but im just furious and even more thankful that nice young men like my little brother work for m&s, although he has to leave soon as he will be moving to Oxford for Uni soon! to bring the subject back to the original topic,

would like to report-

refund denied in Cambridge on sun 14th Dec, for a tablecloth i purchased, wrong size, called manager down and the embarrassed battle axe who previously tried to have a full on argument with me had to refund and apologise to me- a result! tip-persevere and don't entertain a longer conversation than needed with these wannabe managers, call down a proper one!
    :eek:FunkyFeet:eek:
    Elite 5:2 #19
  • niamhtra66
    Options
    FunkyFeet wrote: »
    char_student i sympathise with you! you are right, what an absolute b****, this sales assistant more like jobs worth b**** you came across sounds a lot like wolvesfan18.

wolvesfan18 you really do put m&s staff to shame! You should be ashamed of yourself, my brother started working there and told me of how some older mostly women but some men too like to make customers lives hell and he said this must really put off customers, he vowed never to be like them when he was on finally on the cs counter, although unlike you who is still just on the refunds/cs counter hes up there as section manager at the age of only 18 after just over a year with the company! Stupid and not to mention rude people like you who get a power trip working behind a counter like that disgust me but more so i feel sorry for you as cs counter is where you have worked your way up to and thats where youll stay, only the nice people with good hearts get somewhere, not nasty pathetic losers like you!

in your post you say 'fact it i hate m&s customers' i guess its a typo and you mean you hate m&s customers, i.e. Me, well i have news for you, you have a job because of us and although what im about to say is way to hard on the good company you a silly person works for, i hope to god one day m&s goes bust just like woolies, we will see how much you hate us customers then when you do not have a job! looking at share prices, you never know....NicoleFury you certainly talk sense!

As for the idiot who stated, we 'slag you off after you leave anyway'- My brother told me of how cameras record sound as well as images, when an elderly customer turned her back at the refunds counter instore a dept manager and 2 checkout staff were fired instantly as they commented and called that elderly customer a f***ing liar, said she looked like a tramp and said how she probably stole it' (whilst my brother looked on in shock) So dont think, just because you are 'in' with particular managers that you are safe, there are people above store staff and managers, people who matter unlike your self, they will listen in and you will face the consequences one day! id like to say, get a life you pathetic fool. is that all your life is, being a complete and utter f***head to people, you are lucky you have our custom or like woolies staff you would be signing up right now! Edit: just realised you wolvesfan18 are this idot too, so the above msg is for you too!

a quick note to fellow mse'rs who have known me on here from years ago, Sorry,i know this is very unlike me to have such a blatant go at someone but im just furious and even more thankful that nice young men like my little brother work for m&s, although he has to leave soon as he will be moving to Oxford for Uni soon! to bring the subject back to the original topic,

would like to report-

refund denied in Cambridge on sun 14th Dec, for a tablecloth i purchased, wrong size, called manager down and the embarrassed battle axe who previously tried to have a full on argument with me had to refund and apologise to me- a result! tip-persevere and don't entertain a longer conversation than needed with these wannabe managers, call down a proper one!

Oh my goodness! i am so shocked at the nastiness in this post, what a vile person you must be.
    When i'm in the que at the refunds desk at m&s i have really felt for these sales advisor, they do a wonderfull job and could well do without your negative comments.
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    Can I remind everyone this is the season of goodwill!
    How about if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing!!
  • rammy007
    rammy007 Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think the nasty ones are in a minority and you will find one in any store even Woolies,so i think the ones quoted are not repesentative at all at M&S and these type of people will likely be picked up in a mystery shop at some point.
  • bubblegumcola
    Options
    I took back an unused babygrow (cost £10), but had no receipt - the SA gave me a credit note of just £3!! Is this right/normal for M&S?
    Mrs Chaffinch was not amused when I got home!

The reason you would have got a reduced price is because the baby grow had probably had been reduced in price. Without a receipt you are only given the last selling price.

From personal experience having worked for M&S I think their refund policy is still one of the best, up to 90 days to return items when many shops are 10 days or possibly 28 if you are lucky. They still give out credit notes when they dont have to give you anything legally if you dont have a receipt. People were abusing the system and bringing stuff back from years and years ago which couldn't possibly be sold on the shop floor.

The best thing to do if you have something to return to M&S and you want your money back is to make sure you keep your receipt!!!! Keep your tags on the garment as well. They give out gift receipts now so really there's no excuse to not have it. Thank your lucky stars you get something back from them if you dont have a receipt as most other shops would not entertain you.

Its still a very fair refund policy and much better than many other stores and its been in place for a few years now.
  • bubblegumcola
    Options
    johnoo76 wrote: »
    morning
    just wondered if anyone could help with this!!
    found out on xmas day that my brother in america had ordered us a hamper from m+s,very nice,apart from we haven't seen it yet.
    i really don't think i want the xmas goodies once they do get here if they do.
    will i be able to take it in the store and get a refund.
    please help has anyone else had the same problem????

You can't refund foodstuffs, even if it is a hamper. You can only return food there is a problem with it,eg gone off before the date. M&S couldn't resell it, they can't accept food back just because someone doesn't fancy the hamper they were sent. Take it with the intention it was offered by your brother and say ta very much, Merry Christmas. If there's things in it you dont like pass them on to someone else if you are visiting them over Xmas.
  • oasisfeverish
    Options
    my brother started working there and told me of how some older mostly women but some men too like to make customers lives hell and he said this must really put off customers, he vowed never to be like them when he was on finally on the cs counter

You are correct with regards to the older women, they do make you feel that you are being a burden when returning an item. The majority (not all) treat it as if it was their item personally and can't believe you want to return it. the youngsters are the best, they are there to learn and earn, and all they want is to serve you and then the next one.

Not being a typical M&S customer myself (Male, late 30's, bald, doesn't wear (beige Mac, Flat Cap, Rollneck jumper, Perm, glasses)) I always seen to come up against problems when returning items with the older female staff. However I know the law on the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and always ready to quote section from it that makes them aware I know more about their policy than they do themself.
    in your post you say 'fact it i hate m&s customers' i guess its a typo and you mean you hate m&s customers, i.e. Me, well i have news for you, you have a job because of us and although what im about to say is way to hard on the good company you a silly person works for, i hope to god one day m&s goes bust just like woolies

Shame people too easily forget this important fact. All customers of any business indirectly pay the employee wages. Woolies would still be going strong had customers choose to continue to spend their money, as the business would make a profit and not owe £300m.
    As for the idiot who stated, we 'slag you off after you leave anyway'- My brother told me of how cameras record sound as well as images, when an elderly customer turned her back at the refunds counter instore a dept manager and 2 checkout staff were fired instantly as they commented and called that elderly customer a f***ing liar, said she looked like a tramp and said how she probably stole it' (whilst my brother looked on in shock) So dont think, just because you are 'in' with particular managers that you are safe, there are people above store staff and managers, people who matter unlike your self, they will listen in

This is confirmed first hand, security rooms have the power to watch and listen, they also have the ability to zoom in to see each till point and what is processed through the barcode scanner to identify instances of staff serving their friends and scanning a barcode that doesn't relate to the actual product.

One thing that is apparent in today's world is that you have no friends at work. Don't think a 'friend / colleague' won't talk against you if it saves them from being investigated and frames you. A sad state of affairs but one so true.

Finally M&S do have a generous refund policy as opposed to what the law has as a minimum. So customers should take advantage of it, return a item on day 90 from sale, have a till receipt get your money back, gift receipt get a credit voucher back. If M&S wanted to change it they could at a drop of a hat. However the 90 day rule is used as a marketing tool to breed confidence in the consumer to buy.

M&S should install self service return till points, over looked by a couple of staff, like the supermarket have. That way I wouldn't have to look at the sour faced old bag who woke up late, rushed her eye shadow and lipstick to look like barbara cartland and be confronted with "why would you want to refund this item"? My response "to make your day!".
    Financial Aims for 2012:
    1. To pay off Car loan (£2,163.85 / £300.23 : 13.9%) 2. To pay off Joint OD ([STRIKE]£1,928.53[/STRIKE] / £1,928.53 : 100%) 3. To pay off GF's CC (£1100.31 / £0 : 0%) 4. To OP Mortgage (£1000 / £0 : 0%)

Money Saving / Making in 2012:
    1. Ebay (£0 ) 2. Surveys (£0 ) 3. Quidco (£156.45 (Feb 12) ) 4. Lottery (£0 ) 5. Groceries (£0 )
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I took a bra back a while ago and the snotty sales assistant smellt it and said it smelt worn. It did not as it did not fit and I had not worn it. People get annoyed when sales assistants treat the consumers with contempt. She gave me the refund but she was a right b****

how did you try it on if it wasnt worn ? maybe a change of deoderant is required .
  • roses
    roses Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought taking something back 12 months down the line was not an issue with people abusing it as if something is in the sale, it stays in the sale and does not go back up to full selling price so you get the last known sale price?

My boyfriend was given some horrible trousers for his birthday in August (with s £32 price tag left on). I took it back to Oxford Circus and asked if I could get a credit note. They said it was an old style and last known price 1p!
  • neat
    Options
    Fao wolvesfan18.
    Why do you work at M & S if you hate the customers so much! What happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE, if your bosses knew who you were and you were saying you would be sacked!! M & S is a business that relies on customers!!! without them it wouldn't succeed, and if you are treating customers badly for what ever reason you should leave. M & S is a great store but it needs to keep its good image and that goes for the people it employs!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure