Big problem , Nissan Juke Hybrid , 23 Plate

Options
2»

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If the car is on finance get them involved.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 2 August 2023 at 12:01PM
    Options
    @SHus555 its honestly been a absolute nightmare. I have been in contact with customer service ever since I first reported the issues and they actually have been very good up until now. They are now saying that I need to go to multiple different dealerships to do diagnostic tests until one of them comes up with a fault or drive my car until a fault appears and now they are saying that i can not reject the car because its been over 30 days since buying it even though from the very start when i bought the car i have been having these issues and every time I mentioned it to the dealership they kept putting the blame on me and refusing to not get the car booked in.

Now today literally, i was driving to work and the car went into this loud over revving noise and the car started to lose power whilst i was going 40 mph which felt like 20.

They wont do anything or touch my car unless a fault has appeared. They have said to trade my car in if i dont like the 'driving experience' even though its not about the driving experience, there is literally something wrong with the car.

I have spoken to multiple people for have a juke hybrid that are having the same issues and being treated awfully by Nissan and Nissan not taking the blame for any issues, one person have 2 HEVC faults come up on their car within the first 5 weeks of having it and Nissan still wont admit to the faults 

im honestly becoming so fed up and tired over it :'(
    They are lying.
    You picked it up on the 10th June, while it was being repaired the 30 days freezes until you then take possession of the car, so restarted on the 27th June.
    So as it broke down on first day, the restart is  also the 1st day. Then broke down again on the 9th July  so day 13. (this is the day you rejected the car.)
    They do know that you have rejected the car, so shouldn't be any excuse.
    Sounds like you have to issue the company you bought the car from a letter before action  and if they don't comply take them to court for a refund.

EDIT even if was was outside the30 days you could still demanded a refund as they have had one chance to repair, but it wouldn't have to be a total refund.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Stateofart
    Stateofart Posts: 301 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Motor ombudsman will help but you're doing the right things.  I rejected a car after 9 months, it took a while and they tried every trick in the book to get me to take it back, eventually as soon as it really got to Head Office, they agreed to buy it back. 

Also, Nissan Jukes are famous for faults - steer clear, especially CVT transmissions.
  • SHus555
    SHus555 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @georgiat97, You have upto 6 months to reject the car , from what I understand , I found this link helpful 
    https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/
    Not sure how long you have had your car 
    Start documenting everything , calls made etc , who you spoke to , outcome of conversation   when they will not book in car , email them to get the car booked in the at least you have an audit trail of sorts 
    Does the dealership have a head office you can complain to ? 
    Maybe worth raising it on social media, Nissan Facebook , also ,Rip off Britain (BBC Show)  ,  have a Facebook page and you could let them know too 

• HastaLaVista
    Options
    My Hybrid Juke (12 months old) broke down with the HEV system malfunction over 10 weeks ago and its still in the garage

Nissan Customer Support are useless and incompetent
    Wessex Garages in Bristol (where it was purchased) waited FIVE weeks before escalating it to Nissan Support
    Nissan UK Tech Support couldn't fix it
    Nissan Europe Tech Support took over a week to respond & assist them.  And that was only because I "threw my toys" at the Wessex Directors.  But, so far, Nissan Europe Tech Support cant fix it either

I requested it being replaced with a petrol only model but they expect me to pay over 4K to do that 
    Or I can go back to the useless Nissan Customer Support and discuss a vehicle rejection.  And they know damn well that's going to go nowhere.

www.jukeownersclub.co.uk details at least 3 other Jukes with this issue

• Birdman23
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie and I pick up my brand new Tekna plus in the morning and I am starting to get a bit concerned after reading this article. It will be a case of fingers crossed and hope for the best I think. This is my third full hybrid, the first two I have had no problem with at all so let's hope it follows through.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,084 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 December 2023 at 10:29AM
    Options
    Used GH twice to buy new Jukes (both CVT) and they were fine. In the last few years I found their standards dropping considerably. So much so I travelled to Swindon and use fish brothers Nissan rather than have anything to do with GH.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • HastaLaVista
    Options
    My Hybrid Juke (12 months old) broke down with the HEV system malfunction over 10 weeks ago and its still in the garage

Nissan Customer Support are useless and incompetent
    Wessex Garages in Bristol (where it was purchased) waited FIVE weeks before escalating it to Nissan Support
    Nissan UK Tech Support couldn't fix it
    Nissan Europe Tech Support took over a week to respond & assist them.  And that was only because I "threw my toys" at the Wessex Directors.  But, so far, Nissan Europe Tech Support cant fix it either

I requested it being replaced with a petrol only model but they expect me to pay over 4K to do that 
    Or I can go back to the useless Nissan Customer Support and discuss a vehicle rejection.  And they know damn well that's going to go nowhere.

www.jukeownersclub.co.uk details at least 3 other Jukes with this issue

Its now over SEVEN MONTHS since my Juke Hybrid was towed to Wessex Garages - still not fixed

Was told to request a Nissan Vehicle rejection and after much pressing over several weeks, they agreed.  But it took over 6 more weeks after that for them to make an offer.  Even though I am requesting the cheaper petrol only model, they still require me to make a large contribution.  

I instantly rejected that and after another 2 weeks they called to say the only other option was to make a cash offer.  But they need more time to consider that!  Seven months and they still need more time.

I said there is a third option - I have my own car back provided it has been fixed and tested.  I don't really want it back and I doubt it will ever be fixed.

Through this, the customer service has been appalling and sadly laughable.  But they really don't care.

This fault is far more common than they will admit  

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure