Big problem , Nissan Juke Hybrid , 23 Plate

Options
Hello all , 
Some advise please , as I am at my wits end 
I picked up my new Nissan Juke Hybrid ,Tekna on 10 June 2023, from Glyn Hopkins , Mill Hill ,the the next day (only having done 22 miles) it broke down , at a major junction , at the lights , showing a HEV fault and would not start ...The AA could not start it so had to be towed back to the home , then the  dealership. This is after having the police come out and push the car to the side and getting home 4 hours later.
Told by the dealership its normal for new cars to have issues ..really .
The following week , dealership said had fixed it , then they could not get the car started ..so it was there for 2 and a bit weeks in total. 
I collected the car on 27 June , all seemed OK , then on 9 July it would not start , with the same HEV fault , called out the RAC ,they could not start it ,  so back it went to the dealership by tow .

Over a 1 month period I have had the car in my possession for 13 days only  , the rest of the time its been back at dealership , trying to be fixed...
I have since rejected the car (on the 9th July) and I want my money back , however , It seems to be taking time , as it was sent to the rejection team over a week ago.
I had to go onto Face book and post my complaint on the official Nissan page on one of their posts , to get a response 

-Nissan GB- have said its with their rejection team so someone will come back to me (it seems their customer service team is in France ) 
-Nissan Finance - have assigned a case manager , but not heard back , they have already taken out the first payment on 8 July and the next is due next week (they wrote and said continue to make payments until they have investigated ) 
-Glyn H , dealership - trying to tell me I wont get my money back , though have told them , that under the 2015 Consumer Act, I have 30 days period to get my money back and any time spent being repaired can be added on to 30 days period.  

My question is :
*Has anyone else had issues with this model 
*Is there anyway to speed up process to get my money back in full, it took me a few years to save just the deposit , money is going out monthly now, I need to buy a new car (from another brand ) and I am stuck. Every time I call Nissan CS ,the case handler is not there , no management available to speak to me, so they will take a message and pass it on . 

Honestly , this experience has left me anxious, depressed  and exhausted 
If anyone can help , please let me know 
Thanks 

Comments

• HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Clearly you know your rights and have correctly rejected it under the short term right to reject so entitled to a full refund.
    The dealer knows it's faulty, so there should be no delay in your refund being processed.
    All I can suggest is a LBA  stating it's 18 days since rejection if refund is not forthcoming then you will issue court proceedings with the extra cost that they will incur.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • SHus555
    SHus555 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks at @HillStreetBlues, the dealership have told me Nissan GB have to authorise the rejection refund , there is nothing they, the dealership can do , as they are merely the supplier and the middle person.
    Yes , Court proceedings seems to be the next step , with the LBA
    Thanks for the advise 
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm still getting over  that it's "normal" for a new car to break down after 22 miles! The mind boggles.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • Goudy
    Goudy Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There have been problems with some newly built and delivered hybrids due to the hybrid battery not being charged.

As modern full hybrids start on electric, if the traction battery hasn't enough juice they go nowhere.
    And as the go nowhere, they can't charge up the battery.

Dealers should test for this before delivery and if needed I seem to think there's a running cycle that can be performed to start the hybrid battery charging.
  • SHus555
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm still getting over  that it's "normal" for a new car to break down after 22 miles! The mind boggles.
    I know right !!! my thoughts exactly , The dealership , said its normal for this to happen , because of so much tech etc now they have to go through a step by step process to figure it out , but, I m done with this car now. 
  • SHus555
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Goudy said:
    There have been problems with some newly built and delivered hybrids due to the hybrid battery not being charged.

As modern full hybrids start on electric, if the traction battery hasn't enough juice they go nowhere.
    And as the go nowhere, they can't charge up the battery.

Dealers should test for this before delivery and if needed I seem to think there's a running cycle that can be performed to start the hybrid battery charging.
    Yes , absolutely , it seems to me , they are just thinking about sales , pushing out these cars and dealing with any issues later , as they arise, all  at the customers time and expense . This experience has really put me off hybrid models now , The reason I went with Nissan , I know their plant is in Sunderland , wanted to buy British , support spending  in the UK . After service has been appalling. 
    I will go with another brand and stick to petrol only 
  • georgiat97
    Options
    Hi there.

I have been having so many issues with my juke hybrid premier edition. Bought it back in the September 2022 and i have no end of issues with the ev mode not charging or working, very loud revving noises, stumbling and more.

took it to Nissan Northampton where i bought it and they constantly telling me it was fault and my driving even to the point of them putting post it notes in my manual book telling me how to drive :'( , then a HEVC Recall came out and was updated on my car; when they did this i wasn't experiencing  any of the issues i was having but fast forward a month i am now having the same issues happening again!!

I'm honestly so sick and tired of it and being told its how the car post to run and its my driving even though its a recall issue, im stuck in hard place because they are telling me they cant/wont do anything as the car isn't presenting a fault (even though it wont) which is leaving me with a car that is obviously faulty and has a recall issue and if i reject the car i wont get the same deal on another one. 

so you're not the only one  :'(
  • Goudy
    Goudy Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's odd it has problems as it's based on Renaults E Tech hybrid system that is used in the Clio and Captur and those have been generally fuss free.

Nissan have fiddled with some of it though, they say that the calibration and tuning is all down to them and they have some how added their e-pedal to the system.
    I guess that fiddling is showing!

I can't be of much more help, but maybe see if they can loan you a similar car, see if it performs the same.
    If they are insistent it's your driving and you're saying it's the car, tempt them into proving it.

I do know though if you are only short tripping the car, it's not really going to have a chance to recharge the hybrid battery.
    Every short trip and you are just pulling on an ever decreasing storage of battery power.
  • SHus555
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @georgiat97, Hi, sorry to that. 
    Would it help to contact nissan customer services directly and raise this, get a case handler assigned, Though, I'm reading many horror stories of them not contacting their customers back.
    I have had a nightmare trying to talk them, so I am chasing them up, constantly 🙄 which is tiring. 
    I ended up having  to post on the Nissan official page on face book, for someone to eventually come back to me. 
    Hope you can get some resolution 🍀🤞🏼
  • georgiat97
    Options
    @SHus555 its honestly been a absolute nightmare. I have been in contact with customer service ever since I first reported the issues and they actually have been very good up until now. They are now saying that I need to go to multiple different dealerships to do diagnostic tests until one of them comes up with a fault or drive my car until a fault appears and now they are saying that i can not reject the car because its been over 30 days since buying it even though from the very start when i bought the car i have been having these issues and every time I mentioned it to the dealership they kept putting the blame on me and refusing to not get the car booked in.

Now today literally, i was driving to work and the car went into this loud over revving noise and the car started to lose power whilst i was going 40 mph which felt like 20.

They wont do anything or touch my car unless a fault has appeared. They have said to trade my car in if i dont like the 'driving experience' even though its not about the driving experience, there is literally something wrong with the car.

I have spoken to multiple people for have a juke hybrid that are having the same issues and being treated awfully by Nissan and Nissan not taking the blame for any issues, one person have 2 HEVC faults come up on their car within the first 5 weeks of having it and Nissan still wont admit to the faults 

im honestly becoming so fed up and tired over it :'(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure