Take your lunch to work -July 2023

Options
This thread seems to have disappeared again however I do know a lot of the regular posters are still active on the board.

It's useful to encourage each other to take food to work or college/university so as to discourage spending on sandwiches, meal deals, sausage rolls and pasties and - In the office I am based, fish and chips as well as fast food.

I actually do well at taking food in but I'm terrible at buying unnecessary extras. 

Let's see how we do ( and yes it's Friday night and a week into July but we have to start somewhere!)

Comments

• Pmo2
    Pmo2 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi peb,

I'm up for this, I used to do it years ago.

I'm aiming for 12 days.

1/12 so far :)

Thanks  Pmo2
    Current debts - Lloyd's card £4130.00 (0% Oct 23) - Barclaycard £3400.00 (0% Oct 24) - Lloyd's loan £3640.00 - Curry's £441.00  Total owed - £11,611.00 Credit card total owed - £7,530.00

Aiming to kick the debt and lose the weight by the time I'm 50.

LTW: August 2/18 ~ EF: £450/£1000
  • peb
    peb Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Waves.  I'm aiming at every day in the office, I WFH part of the time 

I'm just back from the kitchen, ham and feta salad made, yoghurt balanced on top of the box in the fridge, plum and nectarine in a second box.   I had the same today except as the nectarines were still hard I took an apple. 😁
  • Pmo2
    First Post
    Options
    Day 2/12 for me today.

Tandoori chicken salad with rice for lunch today for me
    Current debts - Lloyd's card £4130.00 (0% Oct 23) - Barclaycard £3400.00 (0% Oct 24) - Lloyd's loan £3640.00 - Curry's £441.00  Total owed - £11,611.00 Credit card total owed - £7,530.00

• The_Only_Girl
    The_Only_Girl Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 12 July 2023 at 12:05AM
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? LTW yesterday was chicken chow mein and a slice of cake which were take-home goodies from a friend's birthday party (zero cost).  LTW today were vegetable fajitas leftover from last night's dinner.  I quickly cooked them using courgettes, bell peppers, piccolo tomatoes, Fajita seasoning powder from L1dl, Mediterranean wraps, and cheese - using up stocks in the fridge and pantry.  
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • Pmo2
    First Post
    Options
    Morning The_Only_Girl,

It's never too late to join in :)

Left over bolognese and pasta for lunch for me today and a yogurt.

• peb
    Options
    Everyone welcome 🤗.   I'm WFH so plan is to make soup ( very shortly) so it will cover today tomorrow and then be frozen in one portion servings.  I'm away for the weekend so I don't want it to go to waste 
  • The_Only_Girl
    Options
    I had tofu tacos as my packed lunch today but forgot that we are having a lunch time lecture. I thought assembling the tacos and eating them in a small enclosed space with my colleagues sitting too close yo me would make me a bit self conscious.  So i had no choice but to buy a sadwich 😂 and the tacos will be my supper tonight 
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • Shellwin
    Shellwin Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I started making more of an effort a few weeks ago. I take overnight oats in and have my breakfast in work, and an omelette or a salad in for lunch. I also keep my own cans of fizzy drink in work, along with tea and coffee and am finding that the £10 I keep in my purse for emergencies lasts most of the week. I tend to make all the oats on a Sunday night and make 2 salads on a Sunday night, 3 on a Wednesday. 
  • peb
    Options
    I made soup.  I had some at home with a toasted sandwich, tomato and carrots yesterday then took some to work with a sandwich.  There's some in the freezer for next week.   

I am pleased to have not gone out and topped up .
  • The_Only_Girl
    Options
    Our hospital trust is giving staff free lunches (soup, sandwich and drink) from today until Tues due to the doctors' industrial action. Free lunch yes please 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback