We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

LEBARA

I was so pleased to get the super deal with a Lebara SIM on MSE.  However I have had nothing but trouble in the over two weeks I have had it.  I even got a replacement SIM from Lebara and still having trouble.  I really needed a company that had free roaming in Europe.  I have ordered a new SIM from O2 and as soon as that arrives I will SWAP.
So very disappointed.

Comments

• mgfvvc
    mgfvvc Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    It is data roaming only. Phone calls will come from your international minutes. I assume all texts are charged.
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 963 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    That's odd. When I was in Greece a few weeks ago everything came out of my UK allowance including texts and calls within Greece.
  • Moved to Lebara 12Gb data plan, advertised WiFi & Volte calling. Got the email stating I now had access to them both but unfortunately two weeks later and two hours on their chat room I now find I can't get these services because my mobile only has Android 10 and apparently their service needs Android 12 to operate. Only trouble is my partner has a Lebara sim only 12Gb plan and she has both WiFI and Volte Calling her mobile runs on Android 9, very baffling.
    Just waiting to hear from Lebara complaints team.
  • mgfvvc
    mgfvvc Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    virgo17 said:
    That's odd. When I was in Greece a few weeks ago everything came out of my UK allowance including texts and calls within Greece.
    I'm sure there was a post here from someone who had phone calls come out of their international minutes and was advised by Lebara that was the way it worked.
    Apparently that was incorrect: https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/rates

• virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 963 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    mgfvvc said:
    virgo17 said:
    I'm sure there was a post here from someone who had phone calls come out of their international minutes and was advised by Lebara that was the way it worked.
    Apparently that was incorrect: https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/rates

If they were calling one of the non EU roaming countries from within the roaming countries then that would be correct.
    Else, calls are included.

Ask 3 different CS reps and probably get 3 different (incorrect) answers.  >:)

• savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I find this wording confusing;
    "That’s why we let you use your Lebara SIM in Europe just like how you would use it whilst you are in the UK. This means that you can use the data and minutes included in your allowance in the EU at no extra cost."

If I use my sim in UK to call Greece it is international?, but if I call a UK number it isn't? so if I take my UK sim to Greece and call the UK is that international rate, or is it international rate to use my UK sim in Greece to call a Greek number?
  • We have 2 phone SIM cards which we cannot use call the help centre total waste of time also there chat and emails all you get is promises 
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,873 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    We have 2 phone SIM cards which we cannot use call the help centre total waste of time also there chat and emails all you get is promises 
    Thanks for posting, is there anything we can help with?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 346.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 238.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 613.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.7K Life & Family
  • 251.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.