🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

trading 212

Options

Comments

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    HhAlex9384 said:
    So I deposited 20k in the 212 ISA and the £200 cashback is already in my 212 Invest account.

Now, what if I transferred that 212 ISA to InvestEngine for another bonus?

What do T212's T&Cs say? Isn't there a clawback provision?
  • mattywallace121
    mattywallace121 Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Terms I can see only link to the withdrawal of the cashback.

When can I withdraw the cashback? 

It will be available for withdrawal from your Invest account 12 months after its allocation. Once this period passes, you can choose to withdraw or move the funds to another account.

• Alex9384
    Alex9384 Posts: 950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    wmb194 said:

What do T212's T&Cs say? Isn't there a clawback provision?

InvestEngine has this:

The New Customer must maintain at least the Net Contribution as it stood at the Promotional Period End for a period of 12 months from when they received their ISA Bonus. Failure to comply with the above requirements shall result in InvestEngine reclaiming an amount equal to the value of the ISA Bonus from the New Customer’s account. The New Customer will not be eligible for a lower band of bonus if the Net Contribution drops into another band. Failure to meet our Standard Terms and Conditions may result in the closure of your Client Account.

But I don't see similar clause in 212 terms. Only 12 month fixation of the £200 cashback.

EPICA - the best symphonic metal band in the world !

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 May at 1:26PM
    Options
    Alex9384 said:
    Alexland said:
    Personally I don't like T212 as the user interface seems to be aimed at people wanting to gamble on US companies...
    Is there a particular problem with buying/trading US companies compared to UK companies, other than Fx risk?

I wouldn't want to gamble with individual UK company shares either. Been there, done that, a couple of decades ago. It's a personal choice but I prefer to invest in funds that offer some diversification across the market. There are some low cost index tracker ETFs on T212 but you have to know to look as the user interface just seems to suggest mostly individual US company shares to trade.
  • gravel_2
    gravel_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 2 May at 2:03PM
    Options
    T212 is not the best for researching. In fact it's almost entirely useless for finding out anything beyond the KID for the funds you can trade. I would encourage doing most of your research off-site. JustETF is quite useful, or the investment companies themselves will have the most useful information on their own sites.

The UI is fine for buying process - you just need to know what you want tobuy.
  • Alex9384
    Options
    Alexland said:

I wouldn't want to gamble with individual UK company shares either. Been there, done that, a couple of decades ago. It's a personal choice but I prefer to invest in funds that offer some diversification across the market. There are some low cost index tracker ETFs on T212 but you have to know to look as the user interface just seems to suggest mostly individual US company shares to trade.

Yes, ETFs were the first thing I searched up. It's still a bit confusing as there are tons of them even if you search for a specific thing. For example, which one would you buy if you want S&P 500 from Vanguard? I guess VUSA.L ? On 212 it's showing as VUSA.

• gravel_2
    gravel_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 2 May at 2:45PM
    Options
    Alex9384 said:
    Alexland said:

Yes, ETFs were the first thing I searched up. It's still a bit confusing as there are tons of them even if you search for a specific thing. For example, which one would you buy if you want S&P 500 from Vanguard? I guess VUSA.L ? On 212 it's showing as VUSA.
    All VUSA is VUSA.

EDIT: to be clear - you want to buy the one denominated in GBP so as to avoid 0.15% FX fees from T212. All VUSA is unhedged and fund currency is USD.
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 2 May at 3:19PM
    Options
    VUSA is listed as T212's most traded security so I guess people are managing to find ETFs if they want them. When you enter VUSA into the search bar it comes up with three options and it's not too hard to know where they're listed:

• Beddie
    Beddie Posts: 707 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alexland said:
    Alex9384 said:
    Alexland said:
    Personally I don't like T212 as the user interface seems to be aimed at people wanting to gamble on US companies...
    Is there a particular problem with buying/trading US companies compared to UK companies, other than Fx risk?

It's better not to use T212 for research. Do your research elsewhere and then buy what you want on there. Loads of ETFs available.
  • Alex9384
    Options
    gravel_2 said:

All VUSA is VUSA.

EDIT: to be clear - you want to buy the one denominated in GBP so as to avoid 0.15% FX fees from T212. All VUSA is unhedged and fund currency is USD.

Yes, but I used just VUSA as an example.
    If you just search for Vanguard S&P 500 ETF, there's also VAUG, VUAA, VUSD, etc.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure