Do you use private browsing when searching for holiday deals online?

Options
I'm keen to hear from anyone who uses incognito/private tabs to research holiday deals. 🏖️

• Do you find prices appear differently depending on whether you use incognito/private or not?
  • Do you find new discounts appear for you depending on whether you use incognito/private or not?
  • Do you have any successes you can share?
Thank you.

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have tried this, and also using a VPN to pretend to be in a different country. The only differences that I have seen have been in the language of the websites and the currency in which prices are quoted: I never had the opportunity to save money by doing this.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Nope, I just clean cookies and cache every single day and have for 20 years  :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,570 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you, both!
  • rigolith
    rigolith Posts: 2,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have found that occasionally switching IP address and browser does give different results, but in that case I usually steer clear of those sites because they are obviously pretty dodgy if they think that's acceptable.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I use the DuckDuckGo app browser on Android which clears all browsing data etc automatically when exiting.

I've never found any price advantages but I don't get lots of adverts etc from the sites I have been onto as I'm not tracked. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback