2»

Comments

• Sorting_Hat
    Sorting_Hat Posts: 123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 August 2023 at 2:07PM
    Options
    tony343 said:
    There is no reason to think that the meter is inaccurate. It was changed not long ago because the previous dial had become misted and unreadable. They must use lots of these meters and surely they would have be tested for accuracy and designed to allow for the shape of the tank.
    Why didn't Flogas leave a delivery note? It must be habitual for drivers to do so. Perhaps he didn't want us to know how many litres he had put into the tank.
    Why do they not publish their prices, as petrol stations do?
    Why do we have to take a two year contract?

Contract length is dictated by the 2008/9 legislation. The agreements are rolling so you can switch supplier after the 2 years (ie the end of the exclusivity period) otherwise you would remain with the supplier you have previously signed with.  The guages are not calibrated or tested to the extent you would wish. In addition the guage is reading the % vol of liquid in the tank so even at a very low % there is still gas/vapour in there. There are  slightly different types to cater in variations of tank (vertical/horizontal/size) but that is all. Prices are what is in the contract that governs the supply for this tank or if the exclusivity period has lapsed perhaps a variable (changes monthly) rate. Again refer to the agreement.
    Prices are not published as they vary so much contract to contract/person to person even within the same area.

• Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have never relied on my tank gauge.  The best that I'd rely on is the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, FULL markings.

However, my supplier always leaves a delivery note printed by the measuring meter with the actual amount delivered.
  • Sorting_Hat
    Options
    Yes the tanker receipt is often left under the hatch of the underground tank, put through the letterbox, left under the hood of aboveground tanks.
  • tony343
    tony343 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If you add the standing charge, which is £126 inc VAT per year, to the bill in post 1 it means Flogas the bill is actually costing £1.02 per litre, Beware.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback