Suspended with Pay for gross misconduct.

Options

Comments

• Bobbobbobingalong
    Options
    Yes we cant dry our clothes, So i'll drag all my wet muddy clobber home with me every night? I work out in the elements all day I change my coat and clothes on bad days at least twice a day.  The company has to by law supply a drying room, hang one set up and by lunch time its dry then change into that. 
    Which law is that?
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    Regulation 23 of the Welfare regulations, Accommodation for outdoor clothing must be provided in addition to storage of personal and work clothing where special work clothing is required, this may include facilities for the drying of work clothing. 
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 April 2023 at 10:27AM
    Options
    Regulation 23 of the Welfare regulations, Accommodation for outdoor clothing must be provided in addition to storage of personal and work clothing where special work clothing is required, this may include facilities for the drying of work clothing. 
    So the drying facilities aren’t obligatory then. May, not must which legally speaking makes a differences 

Storage space yes but that reads as if the drying bit is down to the employer. 

Your colleague shouldn’t be hogging the facilities but what about the other people who use them, or is it just the two of you who it affects? 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Bobbobbobingalong
    Options
    elsien said:
    So the drying facilities aren’t obligatory then. May, not must which legally speaking makes a differences 

Storage space yes but that reads as if the drying bit is down to the employer. 

Your colleague shouldn’t be hogging the facilities but what about the other people who use them, or is it just the two of you who it affects? 
    Indeed, I think this is just noise unfortunately and risks clouding the real issue.
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    These questions have nothing to do with the original post, that post has been answered. Thank you all.
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    Bit of an update, I have an just been informed 25/04/2023 that I have an investigation meeting on the 27th, they still haven't told me what the allegations are?  How can i prepare to answer questions when I don't know anything? and before Thursday?
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 April 2023 at 6:18PM
    Options
    Bit of an update, I have an just been informed 25/04/2023 that I have an investigation meeting on the 27th, they still haven't told me what the allegations are?  How can i prepare to answer questions when I don't know anything? and before Thursday?
    They are not obliged to tell you anything in advance of an investigation meeting. Also, unlike a disciplinary hearing, there is no right to be accompanied by a colleague or a trades union rep (although the employer may allow this if they so choose).

Sorry, but that is how it works.
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,569 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is there to prepare? Just answer honestly and truthfully.

• kingofspades26
    kingofspades26 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 28 April 2023 at 6:30AM
    Options
    Update: Finally getting to the bottom of this.  My suspension letter stated my allegations were for bullying and intermediating behavior and inappropriate sexual language, no other description was given to me dates times of these incidents etc, I went to the investigation meeting yesterday just myself and my boss, I had prepared a full statement prior to going to the meeting on the chronological events leading up and including the day the incident happen but he didn't accept that but typed out with my input just that day, I just read from my prepared statement. There is now no allegations of bullying or intimidating its just I said id sit on the alleged persons "!!!!!!" if that's the only seat in the room.  (there's so much more context to this and not just myself randomly saying that. It was said more in if that's the only chair in this room and your sitting on it I'll be sitting on it as well.) Is this really a gross miss-conduct allegation? 
  • GingerTim
    GingerTim Posts: 2,049 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 28 April 2023 at 7:38AM
    Options
    I'd say that's a massively inappropriate thing to say in any workplace, and that there's no real 'context' that makes it remotely acceptable.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback