Suspended with Pay for gross misconduct.

Options

Comments

• Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sorry was venting, reality kicking in, i have to fight this its complete rubbish, however i need to start doing research can i ask for any information, we have apnr cameras that record number plates etc can i ask for those from a date to a date?

Well you can ask for what you like! There is not a simple yes / no answer to this and like so many things comes down to what is reasonable. If you can show a good reason why this information might be relevant then it probably would be reasonable. There may however be GDPR implications.

Although a few principled individuals will truthfully say what they saw or heard, as a general thing it is difficult to get other employees to "put their neck on the line" and testify against their seniors' or employer.

I infer that you feel that raising a grievance against this supervisor  is at least partly the reason for the current situation?
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    oh my days, yes indeed, this has nothing to do with me, i raised the concern, supervisor used to work with said person for years. Now I'm having to do this, i love my job i travel 30 miles a day on almost minimum wage, they moved said person to sit in my supervisors office, I've said all along to anyone who'll listen, I dont mind him sitting in there but if he does the heating will be on and the window closed. I'm a gardener I work outside all day i expect my clothes to be dry what else is there to say? 
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    and if said person is getting his room, i want my room is that unfair?
  • mr_stripey
    mr_stripey Posts: 674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    and if said person is getting his room, i want my room is that unfair?
    is this room an office, or a specific "drying room" ? Either way it isn't "your" room. I get that there should be an area for drying clothes - but surely this should be a separate location from an office (then presumably people wouldn't be sitting in there)?
  • PartyOfFive
    Options
    This is all so very confusing.
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    its a drying room, he was moved from there on friday and told to sit in the supervisors office,  come monday i'm up on a gross miss conduct allegation, I told the supervisor about the situation he didnt do his job this is not my concern.
  • Bobbobbobingalong
    Bobbobbobingalong Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 20 April 2023 at 3:09PM
    Options
    sorry was venting, reality kicking in, i have to fight this its complete rubbish, however i need to start doing research can i ask for any information, we have apnr cameras that record number plates etc can i ask for those from a date to a date?

You have the right to ask for any information you believe is beneficial to your case. It is not an excuse for a fishing expedition and they may not provide it until the formal stage of the process, if it gets there. They also do not have to provide "sensitive" information in advance, they may, if it is relevant, provide it on the day for you to view in advance of and during any disciplinary meeting, but not for you to take away. In reality, CCTV is often overwritten periodically, so if that is the case here you would be best advised to let management know that you need it to assist you at the disciplinary stage if it gets there. That serves two purposes, firstly it preserves it for future use (if it still exists) and secondly it gives them a 'heads up' as to where they may need to investigate. That is particularly important as, has already been mentioned, the process needs to be fair so if exculpatory evidence is out there, they need to see it to clear you and you should want them to.

As for all the other stuff such as, can I have this if he has that, just forget it! You are clouding the issue and you really ought to focus on finding out (third time of suggesting this by the way) what they are investigating and the terms of your suspension. It is so easy to waste your energy on peripheral rubbish, which you seem to be doing, so deal with what is most important, anything else will take care of itself in due course.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    its a drying room, he was moved from there on friday and told to sit in the supervisors office,  come monday i'm up on a gross miss conduct allegation, I told the supervisor about the situation he didnt do his job this is not my concern.
    So who moved him?
    Life in the slow lane
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    I've been trying to find out thats the point, there is no HR or other way of contacting people, theyve said i shouldnt contact any employee during the investigation.  what else am i supposed to do? 

• kingofspades26
    Options
    Theyve given me the main reception phone number thats it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback