🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Suspended with Pay for gross misconduct.

Options

Comments

• kingofspades26
    Options
    its a drying room, he was moved from there on friday and told to sit in the supervisors office,  come monday i'm up on a gross miss conduct allegation, I told the supervisor about the situation he didnt do his job this is not my concern.
    So who moved him?
    The supervisor i dont know, i dont know anything. Not been told nothing since Monday ay 3.30. whats the reasonable time to conduct an investigation? not 3 days i can assure you. 
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    its a drying room, he was moved from there on friday and told to sit in the supervisors office,  come monday i'm up on a gross miss conduct allegation, I told the supervisor about the situation he didnt do his job this is not my concern.
    So who moved him?
    The supervisor i dont know, i dont know anything. Not been told nothing since Monday ay 3.30. whats the reasonable time to conduct an investigation? not 3 days i can assure you. 
    As I said before there is no simple answer to what is "reasonable". Within "reason" it is as long as they want to take!

They would argue (with some justification) that you are on full pay without having to work. I think you said you travel some distance so you are actually better off. The longer it takes the more it costs them so it is in their interest to be reasonably prompt.

Yes, I know it is stressful but there is nothing you can do about the timescale (unless it were to become truly excessive).

• kingofspades26
    Options
    Cheers Undervalued much appreciated
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, this does seem to be very mysterious. But they are paying you while you're on suspension, which is the only good thing I guess. 

I know that bobbobbobingalong has supplied a link for acas about suspensions above but you could contact acas if you wanted to find out what, if anything, you can do and how to best prepare yourself if your employer asks you to go to a meeting. You should be given an opportunity to give your side of whatever's been going on here.

https://www.acas.org.uk/contact

All the best.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    Seriously all this is made up, i made a complaint about a colleague about sitting in the drying room, I'm a gardener in the winter months is just wet I want my clothes to be dry, this has nothing to do with me the other chap is !!!!!! off i made a complaint i made my supervisor aware 6 weeks ago 
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,870 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If the person was sitting in the drying room did that mean you couldn't dry your clothes?
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Or if you’re going home each night, why can’t you dry them at home?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    Yes we cant dry our clothes, So i'll drag all my wet muddy clobber home with me every night? I work out in the elements all day I change my coat and clothes on bad days at least twice a day.  The company has to by law supply a drying room, hang one set up and by lunch time its dry then change into that. 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Seriously all this is made up, i made a complaint about a colleague about sitting in the drying room, I'm a gardener in the winter months is just wet I want my clothes to be dry, this has nothing to do with me the other chap is !!!!!! off i made a complaint i made my supervisor aware 6 weeks ago 
    How big is this drying room?

If one person sitting in it, how does stopping you from putting your wet cloths in there?
    Which we take you have a change of cloths for trip to & from work.
    Life in the slow lane
  • kingofspades26
    Options
    because he sits in there without the heating on and the window open. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure