IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

District Enforcement Ltd citing ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis

Options
ok, I didn't read the FAQ sorry, I used an old template from my last "infringement" from 2014 so have admitted that I was the driver

In my appeal, my defence for non-payment was that their charge notice didn't state time of entry or exit and didn't state the grace period.
I also stated that at the time the carpark was less than half full so there was no loss to the landowner (which I understand to not be relevant any more)

In their reply to my appeal, they have provided additional information including the time of entry and exit but still do not state the grace period.
(they also do not provide a photograph of the signage at the location)

they have not re-issued the Parking Charge Notice with the additional information

they say that it would be a gross injustice if they did not apply the same criteria to myself as they had done for others

for the sake of consistency they must apply the law uniformly and therefore the charge must stand, apparently 

any ideas on where to go now?

thanks and sorry again for not reading the latest FAQs

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 April 2023 at 11:42PM
    Options
    Ignore them and resist the urge to tell the (forum notorious) Mr Kurpil where to put his 'gross injustice'.

IMHO this is a horrible firm but we don't hear of them suing people these days.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wonder what "law" the idiot is referring to seems like they are getting above their station to me!
  • B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

for the sake of consistency they must apply the law uniformly and therefore the charge must stand, apparently 
    Sods Law or scammers law, maybe.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 April 2023 at 12:51PM
    Options
    fisherjim said:
    I wonder what "law" the idiot is referring to seems like they are getting above their station to me!
    Well, old Dyl is an ex-policeman and an erstwhile law graduate of Staffordshire University.  Surely he can't be wrong? 🫣
    https://www.insidermedia.com/news/midlands/44591-law-graduate-trio-clamp-down-parking
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    When he first set up his little scheme with District Enforcement, the back of their NTKs impersonated a Police NIP.

He also left the Police quite young. No idea why.  Just saying.
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    "I wonder what "law" the idiot is referring to .........."

Probably the same "law" as in this article:-

"Electric car owners warned of laws surrounding private parking tickets as fines soar"

"Unfortunately for EV owners, the expert stressed that if they receive a parking fine after breaking the law, they will have to pay it."
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Idiot expert!
  • splurgegun
    splurgegun Posts: 33 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,  OP here,  today I received a "notice of impending court action" from District Enforcement

It is dated "06th" [sic] April, received today, 15th April, it says "if payment of £100 is not received by 20th April (14 days from the date of this letter) legal proceedings will commence and judgement will be sought"

the letter makes reference to the Independent Appeals Service (www.theIAS.org)

my original appeal to their Parking Charge Notice was on the basis that it did not include time of arrival or a grace period

what should I do in response to the "notice of impending court action"

thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    what should I do in response to the "notice of impending court action"
    Nothing. It's a debt collection letter. Await a Letter Of/Before Claim from their solicitors, giving you 30 days to respond, or a county court claim from the Northampton CCBC. If you receive either, please read the NEWBIES FAQ Announcement, second post, which advises how you should deal with it, come back to this thread if you need more advice then.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure