We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Best online holidays NOT

Options
LeticiaK
LeticiaK Posts: 1 Newbie
I am having an awful experience with this company who were promoted via Travel Zoo . There seems to be a lot of negative reviews which didn't see before booking . Has anyone else had issues? 

Comments

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Are you reporting a bargain or special offer?
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,559 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have requested this be moved to the main board.

This is purely for posting holiday deals.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Truescot23
    Options
    I booked a 3 night break to Malta with this company and I’ve complained to them after Keith their manager asked us if we wanted to upgrade our rooms to a luxury sea view room each.  He charged us £200 and I phoned the Santana hotel in Malta to check he had done this.  The first thing the receptionist said was we don’t have sea views,  I found out the hotel only charges £5 for an upgrade per night and we only had a standard room no luxury rooms. He lied and ripped us off.  I’m in the complaints process but I checked with ATOL as they advertise as being registered with them but when I searched on the website they come up as non member. Any advice would be appreciated. 
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are an ATOL holder, 12016 to be precise, the company behind Best on Line Holidays is Chemm Business Ltd run by Mr and Mrs Patel. If they were members of ABTA you could make a formal complaint, but they are not so that isn't an option. The 'upgrade story' I am afraid,  is a regular rouse by some online agencies who offer prices that make no profit and then incentivise the staff to phone and offer 'deals' to make money. It is a very small business, its latest accounts suggest that apart from the 2 directors there is only one other member of staff, but they may well be using an outside call centre, best of luck with the complaint, do let us know how it ends.
  • Max005
    Max005 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Best online holidays, 
    Terrible company with a London address but connected to an Indian call centre.  Following a travelzoo promotion.  The call centre salesman knew nothing about the offer.  Instead going into asking when wanted to go, and before you know it a break is booked at three times the price of the offer in a budget hotel.  From there if you require any changes a fee is charged. 
    I would advise that you never contact best online holidays. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure