IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of Claim despite McDonalds cancellation

Options
124»

Comments

• Belly_8uster
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Quick one. I got a letter request a N180 DQ, which I emailed about 10 days ago (and got an auto-reply confirmation).

An entry for it hasn't appeared on MCOL and the deadline for the response is today. Should I resend it, or are delays pretty normail?

Yes, delays are pretty normal but it seems a bit to quick. Is this request from the CNBC?
    It was perhaps a mistake to file your completed DQ before the request for it from the CNBC.
    Send it again.
    Did you remember to send a copy of your completed DQ to the Claimant?
    I just checked the auto-response email and it said they have a big backlog and not to resend duplicate messages, so I think we're good. It was in response to being sent the form from CNBC, and yes I have sent a copy to the Claimant.

• Belly_8uster
    Belly_8uster Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After a hiatus I now have to do my WS. Got a few weeks to send it off. Done most of the spadework already.
  • Belly_8uster
    Options
    Didn't even need to do the WS ....

Dear ________

We act for the Claimant in the above matter.  

Our client has instructed us to discontinue Court proceedings and close our file. Therefore, please find enclosed the Claimant’s N279 Notice of Discontinuance for your records.  

The attached has also been filed with the Court.

We will now proceed to close our file accordingly.

Kind Regards,

DCB Legal Ltd 

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 April at 8:20PM
    Options
    That's good to hear. Well done.

Can you possibly post a picture of your Notice of Discontinuance, just like this poster did earlier... Today at 5:17PM.
    That can then be added to the growing mountain of evidence for forwarding to both the Ministry of Justice and Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities showing how this rogue industry is exploiting HM Courts and Tribunal Service.
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    As KeithP says ...... a rogue industry 

Another stupid try on by UKPC and DCBL were sucked into it
    OR WERE THEY ???   ... Let's see if this person is a mug, let's play the legal game to see if the person will pay up on a fake claim ?

DCBL had to chicken out, the chicken out farm just gets bigger every week with their stupid claims. When will they grow up to be adults ?

WELL DONE

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,549 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray!

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

Please show us a screenshot of that email.

Another case for @Umkomaas to add to the disco thread.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Belly_8uster
    Options
    Screenshot of the N279 document as requested, suitably redacted.

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Nice one, thanks for the confirmation in the form of an official N279. Off we go to the DCB Legal Discontinuation thread. 👍
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Belly_8uster
    Options
    Thanks to all the regulars on here who battle for justuce for the small guy versus this corrupt industry. The advice offered is first rate and appreciated.

It is scary, a hassle, and time consuming to pursue these cases, but if you do the legwork you will out these morons for the scammers they are. Keep fighting.
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks to all the regulars on here who battle for justuce for the small guy versus this corrupt industry. The advice offered is first rate and appreciated.

It is scary, a hassle, and time consuming to pursue these cases, but if you do the legwork you will out these morons for the scammers they are. Keep fighting.
    DCBL are akin to the Kray Twins. We all know what happened to Ron and Reggie

It's just a matter of time now
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure