IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of Claim despite McDonalds cancellation

Options
I have a Letter of Claim from DCB Legal for a short overstay at McDonalds about 8 months ago.

After speaking to the McDonalds manager, they emailed UKPC asking to cancel the parking charge.

A few months later I start getting the various "debt collector threat" letters which I ignored.

I guess if it goes to court I would likely win but hoped there might be some easier / faster options.

Comments

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Read Newbies thread near the top of this forum. Specifically the second post which talks about a court claim.

What is the date of issue on your claim?

Also, read this thread to see the predicted outcome if you defend exactly as advised here:

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

• patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I have a Letter of Claim from DCB Legal for a short overstay at McDonalds about 8 months ago.

After speaking to the McDonalds manager, they emailed UKPC asking to cancel the parking charge.

A few months later I start getting the various "debt collector threat" letters which I ignored.

I guess if it goes to court I would likely win but hoped there might be some easier / faster options.
    WOW a Mcd's manager saying he woold cancel ?  DID HE, do you have a copy ....... what is the claim for, the reason stated ?

UKPC claims are at most rubbish with unreadable signs. DCBL is the legal who are famous for discontinuing these rubbish CLAIMS. 
    In the NEWBIE THREAD you will see how to handle a DCBL letter of claim and remember, DCBL are faking the amount by adding on a scam

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations/p1
  • Belly_8uster
    Options
    I got the manager to copy me in to the email, so yes I have it in writing.
  • Belly_8uster
    Options
    I will also say that there is 0.0% chance I will pay them a single penny unless I go to court and lose. I'd just prefer not to have the trouble, but if it can't be avoided so be it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,005 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2023 at 1:12AM
    Options
    I will also say that there is 0.0% chance I will pay them a single penny unless I go to court and lose. I'd just prefer not to have the trouble, but if it can't be avoided so be it.
    But there won't be a hearing so you won't have to attend court.  See the thread already linked for you.

Anyway send DCBLegal the email you were copied into and state that UKPC have failed to delete this data after McDonald's cancelled it, and the whole case is clearly doomed, so DCBLegal should crawl back under their stone.

They won't!  You will get a court claim.

But it's all a game and you won't lose nor have any court hearing because a person following/using this MSE forum's easy advice and template defence is not the kind of victim DCB Group appear to seek.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I agree with Coupon-mad above.

I would imagine the first question a Judge would ask is why did UKPC ignore McDonalds to cancel and then instruct DCBL to waste the time of the court. ?

This will truly be a major spanking in court for DCBL and you can claim your costs
    THEN THEY CAN CRAWL BACK UNDER THEIR STONE

• Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,769 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I got the manager to copy me in to the email, so yes I have it in writing.
    But there won't be a hearing so you won't have to attend court.  See the thread already linked for you.

Anyway send DCBLegal the email you were copied into and state that UKPC have failed to delete this data after McDonald's cancelled it, and the whole case is clearly doomed, so DCBLegal should crawl back under their stone.

They won't!  You will get a court claim.

But it's all a game and you won't lose nor have any court hearing because a person following/using this MSE forum's easy advice and template defence is not the kind of victim DCB Group appear to seek.
    Do exactly this
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Belly_8uster
    Options
    Update: I have put in the SAR, and in the following discussion have established that UKPC have received the email from the McDonalds manager.

I have also emailed DCB Legal copying a picture of the email from McDonalds and as yet I only have a "bot" reply to acknoweldge they have received the email.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback