AFP application open receipts required from 1 JUNE not September.

mandarin6
mandarin6 Posts: 35 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Our electricity supplier (Eon) did not give us the afp. After contacting they advised we apply through the government website. We use oil as we live on a farm lane with no gas. On filling out the application today they require receipts from September to show you use an alternative fuel  - If you can't supply them then no payment. We filled our tank 3 times before September but not since. Submitted receipt for July with application.
UPDATE: Edited to show new receipt dates of 1 June.

Comments

• kar999
    kar999 Posts: 706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mandarin6 said:
    Our electricity supplier (Eon) did not give us the afp. After contacting they advised we apply through the government website. We use oil as we live on an old farm lane with no gas. On filling out the application today they require receipts from September to show you use an alternative fuel If you can't supply them then no payment. We filled our tank 3 times before September but not since. Our neighbours got the payment  automatically,  not impressed.
    See this thread.. there's a lot of people who fill up in bulk in summer technically not eligible.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6409911/mse-news-200-alternative-fuel-payment-to-be-paid-in-the-new-year#latest

Complaints will be a plenty as no proof was required for those with automatic payments.
    If the ball had gone in the net it would have been a goal.
    If my Auntie had been a man she'd have been my Uncle.
  • Davidt5000
    Davidt5000 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    I think a lot will depend on how rigidly the rules are applied and how pedantic those doing the approvals are. 

There will be people who for a variety of reasons won't have receipts for the qualifying period. 

There will also be some who DO have receipts for the correct period but those receipts technically are not acceptable because they do not include all the criteria laid out in the application process. 

I've also thought of a third group. When I did my application it said you had to attach 1 or 2 receipts totalling at least £200. There's probably some people who buy small amounts of coal or wood etc regularly. (perhaps weekly) and if 2 receipts are the maximum they may not have two receipts (even if they meet the information criteria) that reach £200 in total. 
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,801 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    This was brought up tonight on the ML show with Grant Shapps and will be looked in to.
  • GingerTim
    GingerTim Posts: 2,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    If Grant Shapps is 'looking into it', I definitely wouldn't hold my breath!
  •  Filled out the form this week on the government website 2 qualifying receipts for oil. Had an email saying it will be about 6 weeks. They have to check with the council. 
    Even though there is no gas in our village. 
  • Davidt5000
    Davidt5000 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 March 2023 at 10:30AM
     Filled out the form this week on the government website 2 qualifying receipts for oil. Had an email saying it will be about 6 weeks. They have to check with the council. 
    I wonder what checks they will do with the council? I thought all the council were doing was to make the payments once they had been approved? What does the council know about my fuel supply?
  • Apodemus
    Apodemus Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
     Filled out the form this week on the government website 2 qualifying receipts for oil. Had an email saying it will be about 6 weeks. They have to check with the council. 
    I wonder what checks they will do with the council? I thought all the council were doing was to make the payments once they had been approved? What does the council know about my fuel supply?
    I would imagine the Council might check to see if the address is registered for domestic rates and that it is the applicant's principle residence, rather than a second home. 
  • mandarin6
    mandarin6 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I applied on the 7 March and apart from initial response with application reference have heard nothing since. Anyone else still waiting to hear?
  • griffb
    griffb Posts: 168 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mandarin6 said:
     Anyone else still waiting to hear?
    Yes (also 7th March)

• AnnS
    AnnS Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Applied 7th of Match, received email on Tuesday advising application succesful.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback