Unsolicited emails from O2. Contract taken out in my name. Fraud or Phishing?
Today I received four consecutive emails from O2:-
1 'Here are your pre-contract documents' (with two attached PDF documents)
2 'It's time to choose your included extra'
3 'Your O2 Tariff change'
4 'We've received your order. You're all set.'
I have never attempted to take out an O2 contract. I have never been an O2 customer.
I called O2 but they have no record of my home address or email address so they seemed unwilling or unable to investigate.
The email headers give:-
mail.o2.com [18.104.22.168] (which is from domain virginmediao2.co.uk).
Is there some fraud or phishing attempt going on here and what should I do?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.4K Spending & Discounts
- 232K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.7K Life & Family
- 245.2K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards