IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC / DCB Legal - vehicle owner/ driver left site

124»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 December 2023 at 4:54PM
    furac40 said:
    Umkomaas said:
    If you have the N279 from DCBL in your hand, that should be it. But, if you want to be further reassured, then call the court. Well done in seeing this one through. I'm listing your case in the DCB Legal Discontinuation thread. 👍
    DCBL sent the N279 form via email. Thanks for all your help.

One favour please to change all this -

If you could reply to this Inquiry that would be superb.  ...only TWO DAYS left to do this relevant Inquiry linked & discussed here:

Really relevant because the reason that the county court is clogged up is because up to a THIRD of all small claims are private parking.

Your claim paperwork and CCJ story will be great evidence of the meritless 'cause of action' constantly bombarding the courts and wasting Judges' time.  Or routinely discontinuing, as DCB Legal do, when people defend well.

This is about showing how parking firms abuse the court service.  Please do it tonight while you are so annoyed at this farce!

Please tell the Ministers on this Committee that there needs to be a bespoke parking Alternative Dispute Resolution 'court buffer' at pre-action stage, and the use of the "debt claims" pre-action protocol is totally improper.  Asking for people's income on a 'debtor' reply form is an insult and utterly inappropriate. 

There must be a bespoke PAP for parking cases agreed in liaison with the DLUHC who are responsible for the incoming Code of Practice.

I think if enough people say the above sort of stuff, this Justice Committee will go and talk to the DLUHC guys I'm dealing with, and hopefully recommend a new pre-action protocol to stop the vast majority of cases even going to a claim.

Please do the Inquiry with your claim form from months ago, and the Discontinuance Notice, and give your views as a victim of a parking firm case that wasted months/years of your life.

CLOSES THURSDAY!

P.S.
    congrats - you won!  But don't let it lie, get your revenge tonight by doing the Inquiry

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    furac40 said:
    I have just received the N279 Notice of Discontinuance  from DBCL. The email states it has been filed with the Court. 
    Further to my post above:

Deadline extended until January, in case you didn't fit this in during December (I didn't yet!):

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/7972/work-of-the-county-court/

I've been posting a lot about it on threads to encourage victims to tell the Justice Committee that consumers need a bespoke 'parking pre-action protocol' designed to keep cases out of court.

Your case has ruined your peace of mind for ages, only for DCB Legal to walk away when you didn't blink.

This treatment of motorists should be illegal.

The 'debt claims pre-action protocol' is not fit for purpose for these cases.

Please strongly OBJECT to this and ask the Committee to insist on a proper ADR and 'private parking protocol' to resolve disputes and expose the worst scam PCNs out of court. 

The reply form intrusively asks victims to tell some random thug/rogue ex-clampers all about their household and income/financial position, assumes there is a 'debt' owed under a credit agreement - which there isn't - and the debt claims procedure doesn't match the DLUHC's incoming Code of Practice.

Please answer the questions and show the delay in your case - claim form to discontinuance.

This inquiry is currently accepting evidence

The committee wants to hear your views. We welcome submissions from anyone with answers to the questions in the call for evidence.

You can submit evidence until Wednesday 17 January 2024.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback