IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC / DCB Legal - vehicle owner/ driver left site

Hi,

I have an old PCN, from 2021, that was forgotten about, regarding vehicle owner/ driver leaving site.
UKPC issued the PCN on the windowscreen at the time of the incident and has since issued two NTK letters. Recently I have also received a letter of claim from DCB Legal.
I have asked UKPC (via SAR) for all data held on the subject and they have sent pictures of the vehicle, a copy of the PCN and the two NTK letters.
The PCN shows an "issue time", but the "time first seen" box is empty. There are no pictures showing the vehicle owner/ driver leaving the site.

My question is if I should still follow the Newbies post advice and appeal online (or by email) to UKPC as the 26 days have long passed and also the PCN has moved from UKPC to DCB. Should the appeal be made to DCB or both?
Any advice will be apreciated.

Comments

• Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,655
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    No you just defend any court claim when it comes.
    These are the easiest of the lot to defend and if done correctly the case wont reach a hearing

Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,234
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2023 at 11:33AM
    Recently I have also received a letter of claim from DCB Legal.
    This will be easy to defend then!

When they send the claim come back here.  As Grizebeck says, thee is nothing to worry about and DCB Legal discontinue claims before hearings almost every time.

In the mean time, click on all UKPC threads from this week so far and you will find several people in recent days already defending old UKPC 'left the site' cases. Bookmark those and you can see what people ahead of you in the game wrote as their defences.

You cannot appeal at this stage.  Too late. You could have won at the time at POPLA stage because UKPC have no evidence of anyone leaving the site.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oh dear ... UKPC have got the trots again.

They are desperate to mug people with rubbish and even DCBL get fooled

If they cannot prove a PERSON left the site and clearly show the boundaries of the site. this will be fun, just like all the other UKPC cases DCBL take on and end up here

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations/p1

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,234
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    For pretty much all defences involving UKPC / DCBLegal, defendants can adapt the one by @Johny86 which is worth pointing the never-ending queue of UKPC/DCBLegal defendants to, saving us a lot of typing!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • furac40
    furac40 Posts: 42
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi, I was wondering if you could look at my defence before I submit it. Not many changes have been made from the recommended.

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,073
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Do you now have a County Court Claim then?
    Last time you posted, that hadn't happened.

Have you filed an Acknowledgment of Service? If so, upon what date did you do that?

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    furac40 said:
    Hi, I was wondering if you could look at my defence before I submit it. Not many changes have been made from the recommended.
    If you are admitting to being the driver in para #2, you don't need #4.
  • furac40
    Forumite
    KeithP said:

Have you filed an Acknowledgment of Service? If so, upon what date did you do that?

Yes, I received a CCC end of March and submitted the AOS beginning of April. I am keeping an eye on the Defence due date (28 days from when the CCC was issued).
  • furac40
    Forumite
    B789 said:
    If you are admitting to being the driver in para #2, you don't need #4.
    Par #2 and #4 say different things. One admits the driver is the keeper and the other references the PoFA.

• furac40 said:
    KeithP said:

Yes, I received a CCC end of March and submitted the AOS beginning of April. I am keeping an eye on the Defence due date (28 days from when the CCC was issued).
    If you post the issue date of the CCC and the date you filed your AoS (which MCOL will verify) @KeithP can clarify the defence due date and supply you with some other important information.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback