We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Single Mum - Struggling to get realistic SOA

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Pre_Approved_Junkie
    Options
    MikeJXE said:
    Another stopping by with best wishes

Wow 27 days since I commented on here you sound more upbeat I'm pleased to say

Don't sell on eBay try Facebook marketplace as no charges it's free 

You should know by now panic won't do anyone any good 

Thanks Mike! Do you know, I've been quite pleasantly surprised with Facebook Marketplace and have indeed sold a few things on there. I have £35 in my old tea caddy from the 3 things I sold on there, but I'm only putting big items on that need collecting due to size. I was using ebay for the postable stuff. Not sure what cover you have on marketplace regarding posting stuff. I've never looked into it to be honest.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    MikeJXE said:
    Another stopping by with best wishes

Wow 27 days since I commented on here you sound more upbeat I'm pleased to say

Don't sell on eBay try Facebook marketplace as no charges it's free 

You should know by now panic won't do anyone any good 

Thanks Mike! Do you know, I've been quite pleasantly surprised with Facebook Marketplace and have indeed sold a few things on there. I have £35 in my old tea caddy from the 3 things I sold on there, but I'm only putting big items on that need collecting due to size. I was using ebay for the postable stuff. Not sure what cover you have on marketplace regarding posting stuff. I've never looked into it to be honest.
    I was more thinking about your money being trapped on eBay if you are in debt with them 

I used Market place for the first time last week, sold a mobility scooter I refuse to use. My granddaughter put it on and it sold first day and was collected by a local the same day 
  • Pre_Approved_Junkie
    Options
    MikeJXE said:
    I was more thinking about your money being trapped on eBay if you are in debt with them 

I used Market place for the first time last week, sold a mobility scooter I refuse to use. My granddaughter put it on and it sold first day and was collected by a local the same day 
    Wow!! Now that is good going. I haven't got anything anwhere near that valuable though. My stuff is mostly clothes, a few bits and bobs of Royal Doulton that were hand me downs and other miscellaneous tat, although I do have a treadmill, air walker and excercise bike upstairs that I've had for years and the cat has sat on them more than me! :p: smiley:

• lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,902 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi well done on the changes so far. Have you thought of using vinted, my daughters use it and have done very well. 
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • lucielle said:
    Hi well done on the changes so far. Have you thought of using vinted, my daughters use it and have done very well. 
    L

Hi lucielle! Thank you. Yes, I have thought about Vinted but every time I research it, I get mixed reviews! example:

I've spoken to real life people who have good and bad experiences with them as well. Sometimes I stick to the phrase 'better the devil you know'. Ebay is not perfect by any means, but it's what I've known for years.
    I'll do a bit more reading, but if I can't manage it off my desktop PC it's a no go anyway as I dont do apps on my phone (It's my age :p)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback