sugestion Split up energy in mortgages and homes

in Site feedback
21 replies 374 views
jvjackjvjack Forumite
187 Posts
100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
Forumite
Hi,  in the  mortgages and homes forum in Energy it could be of benefit to add sub divisions (if thats what they are called)
Smart meters , best way heat , epg   etc

Replies

• edited 24 January at 9:48AM
    MSE_JamesMSE_James Community Admin
    649 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Community Admin
    edited 24 January at 9:48AM
    Hi @jvjack  - thanks for this suggestion. We'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts.

We did have a brief discussion last year about splitting general energy-saving tips (likely to be applicable to most/all) from the threads about people's individual issues with their providers which are of more niche interest. You could potentially have an 'energy-saving' board and an 'energy providers' board.

However I think there is a risk of having too many sub-divisions which just makes it harder for people to post in the right place first time, so there's a balance to be struck. 
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to [email protected]
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Please make how to post Electricity and Gas items clearer.    We have LPG etc   with the assumption that everything else is lumped under Energy.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    16.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
     Split between electricity and gas sections might work - but anything more complex than that is likely to lead to yet more posts in the wrong place I suspect. 

Also - please don’t split out to a a specific Smart Meters section - we’re having enough issues recently with conspiracy theorists and those who’ve been sucked in by their arguments - giving them a playground all to themselves sounds like a recipe for disaster! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 🎉
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    2022 "Gym Neutral Fund" - £112.67/£330 (Membership taken 24/1/22)🏋🏻♀️ 2022/23 Gym cost per use: at 20/01/23 £6.60 per visit! (50) 🏋🏻♀️
    she/her
  • CanNeverThinkOfAUsernameCanNeverThinkOfAUsername Forumite
    221 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Oh no no no, please, it will be massive sub-divisions over-kill
    Electricity: Octopus Agile. Gas: Octopus Tracker. Broadband: BT Full Fibre 500. Mobile: EE
  • edited 24 January at 9:29PM
    jvjackjvjack Forumite
    187 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 24 January at 9:29PM
    EssexHebridean ,  36 million households now have smart meters. I love mine , got last week.
    A couple of conspirisists wont cause disaster.
    Edit . Just a bit annoying lol 

• edited 24 January at 10:50PM
    jvjackjvjack Forumite
    187 Posts
    Forumite
    edited 24 January at 10:50PM
    Dunno,  But today so far 34 threads with new posts and older posts posted in. Means that those who can be helpfull have to read through at least the title of 34 threads.

• markinmarkin Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
     Split between electricity and gas sections might work - but anything more complex than that is likely to lead to yet more posts in the wrong place I suspect. 

Also - please don’t split out to a a specific Smart Meters section - we’re having enough issues recently with conspiracy theorists and those who’ve been sucked in by their arguments - giving them a playground all to themselves sounds like a recipe for disaster! 

Electric/E7 threads used to be under 'other' with LPG and Oil and the main board being Gas only, or both, I guess that board was seen as too quiet with posts being not seen?