IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET Parking Services, BP, Stansted Airport

Comments

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 20 January 2023 at 1:36PM
    satuok said:
    Okay, thanks. I just wanted to make sure that the BP garage is actually ‘airport land’. It’s on the outskirts of the airport but I just don’t know what constitutes airport land, presumably there’s a boundary drawn somewhere…
    If you're really interested in the boundaries of land covered by Stansted airport byelaws then that information is covered on pages 17 & 18 of this document: The Uttlesford Local Plan (2005).

Having had a quick look at it on Google maps, the A120 is Thremhall Avenue and parcel EX438483 would appear to include all the land at the Southgate Road complex.
  • satuok
    satuok Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post
    B789, thanks for that, I’ll certainly be including the airport byelaws part in my appeal.
  • satuok
    First Post
    Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far. I've uploaded a draft to Dropbox if any of you would be so kind to cast your experienced eyes over it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9f3odmpv61xbbi/MET Parking Service BP Stansted_redacted.pdf?dl=0
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 January 2023 at 6:07PM
    You signed up to Dropbox using your full name.
    It is there for all to see.

Also, you appear to have based your MSE forum username on your name. You might want to ask MSE to change it to something completely anonymous. 
    To help with that, have a read of this item from the Forum's FAQs:

Can I change my username?

In most circumstances, we don't allow this.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk e.g. you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something which gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com your current username, the email address you registered with and three alternative usernames in order of preference.

• satuok
    First Post
    Thanks Keith 
  • satuok
    First Post
    Bump - is anyone able to offer any advice on this draft please before I send it to POPLA? Thanks 
  • satuok
    First Post
    Also, is there any benefit in leaving it until the deadline to appeal, or should I just send it off ASAP? Thanks 
  • 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Your para 2:-

"(29.11) When you serve a Notice to Keeper, you must also include information telling the keeper the
    ‘reasonable cause’ you had for asking the DVLA for their details."

(That) para number in BPA CoP V8 relates to:- 
    OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS IN SCOTLAND AND
    NORTHERN IRELAND

Do you mean para 21.7?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 23 January 2023 at 6:05PM
    You called it a PENALTY in the intro at the top.  It isn't a penalty charge notice.

Remove the unnecessary, distracting bit about 'no period of parking' and trying to say ANPR images are not enough (they are...). This is a non-point.

Your main point that will win is that there is no para 9(2)f warning.  That's the FIRST point about the NTK. Proves it is non-POFA and makes it easy for the POPLA Assessor.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • satuok
    First Post
    Your para 2:-

"(29.11) When you serve a Notice to Keeper, you must also include information telling the keeper the
    ‘reasonable cause’ you had for asking the DVLA for their details."

(That) para number in BPA CoP V8 relates to:- 
    OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENTS IN SCOTLAND AND
    NORTHERN IRELAND

Do you mean para 21.7?
    Is this the latest version?
    https://www.britishparking.co.uk/write/Documents/AOS/AOS_Code_of_Practice_January_2020_v8(2).pdf
    Because if so, 29.11 doesn’t say anything about Scotland and Northern Ireland that I can see, and 21.7 is about issuing a ticket by post… Bit confused now!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback