IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Legitimate parking fine after genuine mistake

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Right. If I respond ONCE only, should I use the TEMPLATE ''ONE SIZE FITS ALL'' FIRST APPEAL THAT DOESN'T SAY WHO WAS DRIVING: and attach my proof of my stay at the premier Inn? Forgive my ignorance and sorry for all the questions, but don't want to mess this up........because doesn't proof of my stay admit that I was driving? And 19+ hrs will be outside of any grace period?
    Surely you would provide proof of the driver's stay.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes that is what to do.

NOT POPLA.  You won't win so don't.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Dog_Groomer
    Options
    Step 1 was to contact the hotel/hospital/retailer. I contacted Premier Inn. But actually their carpark is managed by "your parking space. Com''. Who should I have contacted to try and get this cancelled? Wondering whether it's the latter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Premier Inn or whoever OWNS the car park.

Not "your parking space.com'' which is a parking provider and not the landowner.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I didn't overstay by only a few minutes, I wasn't parked outside the lines, I wasn't in a disabled bay, there is mention of POFA, the parking is not free etc. I was staying at the Premier Inn but only booked half hour parking and according to their photo I was there for 19+ hrs. Do I still have sufficient grounds to appeal to POPLA? 
    You are assuming that the person who made the reservation made a mistake when booking but could it have been a system error?
  • Dog_Groomer
    Options

Is this OK? I was thinking of attaching my Paypal receipt which shows I paid for parking - it shows the cost and booking reference, but doesn't state the day/time of the booking. Or is that a bad idea?

Re PCN number:

I dispute your 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability or contractual agreement and I will be making a complaint about your predatory conduct to your client landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. Since your PCN is a vague template, I require an explanation of the allegation and your evidence. You must include a close up actual photograph of the sign you contend was at the location on the material date as well as your images of the vehicle.

As the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes, your evidence must include the actual grace period agreed by the landowner.

In order to resolve the dispute, copies of the hotel and carpark booking have been attached. I trust this is sufficient evidence to show the driver was a guest at the Premier Inn and therefore I assume the PCN will be cancelled immediately.

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    "As the allegation involves an alleged overstay of minutes,"
    Eh?
  • Dog_Groomer
    Options
    I copied that paragraph from the template. Should I leave it out completely? Or just leave out the "of minutes" bit?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I copied that paragraph from the template.
    Go take another look. You didn't!
  • Dog_Groomer
    Options
    Sorry, I swapped "if" for "as" - as the PCN mentions the overstay. Should I put it back to "if"? And should I stick the previous para back in about the PDT machine?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback