Vodafone SecureNet (again)

in Mobiles
2 replies 81 views
Fat_JohnFat_John Forumite
2 Posts
First Post
The previous thread has been closed, so I have started a new one. 

I am being scammed by Vodafone SecureNet which tells me that my 3 month free period has ended and I will be charged if I don't cancel. They give instructions on how to do this, but I can't as the phone they are sending these texts to is on the O2 network. 

Is this a scam, or is Vodafone trying to become con-artists? 

Replies

• flaneurs_lobsterflaneurs_lobster Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Vodafone do not scam people.

If this were a scam from someone pretending to be Vodafone then there would be a link for you to click on to pay some money.

Vodafone might and do raise incorrect billing messages.

Have you ever had a contract with Vodafone? Has your phone number ever been on the Vodafone network?

If not then ignore it.

• Fat_JohnFat_John Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    Vodafone do not scam people.

You seem very confident in issuing statements with no proof to back them up. 

Personally, I will wait to see what happens before rushing to anything like such a self appointed superior position. 

It is not my fault if Vodafone make billing errors. That is for them to sort out. 

Why would my O2 phone number be listed on a Vodafone accounts list? They have obtained my number from somewhere, which sounds like dodgy practice just on its own. 

And even if it was a Vodafone phone, their underhand tactics of suddenly giving people a 3 month free service and then making the customer opt out after that period, if they do not want to continue with a service they never asked for - seems like a scam to me.